Leveling kit with stock 17” wheels

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TahoeinTN

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hi everybody, new guy on the forum here. Really glad to have found such a great forum dedicated to these trucks.

I recently picked up a surplus 2014 SSV with the stock 17” steel wheels.

I plan on keeping these wheels and am wanting to level the truck. I was originally looking at the Rough Country 2” leveling kit, but noticed it said it requires .25 spacers to run stock wheels.

Looking at the various leveling kits I see that several different methods can be used to achieve a mild lift. Would another kit that allow me to retain the stock wheels and not have to run spacers?

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

mikez71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi, I don't have the PPV wheels, but I have 2018 sierra steelies, and they fit fine with the rough country 2" lift.

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the Forum from NH.

Lots of knowledgeable folks here who freely share their knowledge, experiences, and perspectives. Knowledge is power.

I hope that you will become a participating member in the Forum's discussions.

Pics of the truck, please.

You are already receiving sage advice from the knowledgeable folks on this Forum.

Dustin Jackson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@TahoeinTN That's interesting, I can't think of a reason it would say you need wheel spacers. For their aftermarket control arms you can run into rubbing if you don't use spacers but you should be ok with those factory wheels with just a little level kit

OP
OP
T

TahoeinTN

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thanks for the replies everybody. I spoke with RC today and they said it was possible that at full lock with factory rims you could rub the sway bar. Given we haven’t heard much on this issue I assume it only occurs with certain tire/rim combinations. I ordered the kit and we’ll see how it goes.

I was thinking about starting a build/picture thread for the truck, is there a preferred spot in the forums to do so?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
F9thSkynet