Lift Keys, 2" Spacers, 33s on 20s

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

01YukonXL

Reaction score
A few more pics and this time loaded with a friends boat. The rear squatted a little bit but not bad and towed great.
photo.jpg
photo1.jpg

Nice work man! I've got the exact ride but XL. I'm wanting to do the same thing eventually. You didn't, by any chance, have the Autoride setup did you? I'm guessing you didn't since there was no mention of it. That's the one thing I need to figure out. How to make it work like it's supposed to after doing a leveling kit.

OP
OP
01Konvict

01Konvict

Boats n Hoes
Reaction score
Thanks! I didn't have the autoride feature but it could be pretty simple to keep. You will need shock extenders for the rear and what size coil spacer then make your own activation rod. For example if you get 2" coil spacers then make your own 2" longer level switch rod which activates the compressor to make the ride level. Its pretty simple and I thought about adding helper bags to mine and a level switch then hook it up to my onboard air tank.

godoy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OK So 2" spacers on rear and 1-3" keys upfront right??
And 5100 shocks all around
Thinking about this
I want mine to look as nice as yours!

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1353878613802.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1353878613802.jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 79

01YukonXL

Reaction score
Thanks! I didn't have the autoride feature but it could be pretty simple to keep. You will need shock extenders for the rear and what size coil spacer then make your own activation rod. For example if you get 2" coil spacers then make your own 2" longer level switch rod which activates the compressor to make the ride level. Its pretty simple and I thought about adding helper bags to mine and a level switch then hook it up to my onboard air tank.

Yeah, I need to look at that Autoride little closer. I've not really looked at it. See how easy it would be. The leveling kit I'm looking at has shock extenders, spacers, and the keys (on ebay). I'm eventually going to need new tires and when that time comes, I want some XD Spy 20" (in black) and 33" tires. Just needs to be lifted/leveled first.

OP
OP
01Konvict

01Konvict

Boats n Hoes
Reaction score
godoy,
Yes either 2" or 1.5" spacers and lift keys with longer 5100s are my recommendations. It really can be done with all parts for under $400. I think 1.5" is easier to level then the 2" but its all up to the person.

01yukonxl,
Yea take a look at the factory level switch. I think its on the passenger side might be wrong but essentially the connecting rod to the switch needs to be longer to match the lift.

OP
OP
01Konvict

01Konvict

Boats n Hoes
Reaction score
coils.JPG

IMG_0089.jpg

Z71/denali/escalade top pic vs. LT/LS/SLE/SLT stock

They are taller and have more coils, about 17.5" to 15". They also handle 800lb more payload. Hope this clears up questions about z71 springs.

01YukonXL

Reaction score
I think I'm leaning more toward just removing the Autoride and using the Bilstein 5100 shocks. So now I need to do my research on correctly disableing the Autoride when I do this. I'm going to have to start taking notes! LOL!

dpmc84

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
When mounting the 5100 shock did you need to use shock extenders or do the 510 just mount right back to the oem location?

01YukonXL

Reaction score
When mounting the 5100 shock did you need to use shock extenders or do the 510 just mount right back to the oem location?
It's my understanding that the 5100's are made for something lifted slightly, up to 3" give or take. Thus not needing shock extenders. I'm getting these for my Yukon XL and raising it 3" in front and 1.5" in the rear with a leveling kit.