Lock actuator replaced out of warranty

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Warren Seale

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
This is an FYI for any of you that have had lock actuator failure occur out of warranty. My 08 Yukon was 4 months beyond the standard warranty. Given the high occurance of this part failing during this build period, General Motors was gracious enough to make the repair without charge.:waytogo:

Warren

Last edited:
OP
OP
W

Warren Seale

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Lucky you, I'm almost certain my dealership wouldn't.

I would suggest you first contact GM customer service and explain your problem. They will then contact the dealer of your choice with instructions. It's best to go directly to the one with the purse string. The dealer won't fight for you.

Warren

THE YETI

Director of Operations
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm a little fed up with this door lock issue as well. We literally just had one replaced and now another one went out. Yeah, we have GM Major Guard but it's $100 deductible. Why pay for the repair if GM is acknowledging an issue? Grrr!!!

Hammer450R

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My driver side door wont open right now...is this the same issue you guys have had???

THE YETI

Director of Operations
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My driver side door wont open right now...is this the same issue you guys have had???

Yep. You cannot lock or unlock the door without manually doing it. The key fob and door switches won't actuate it.

Hammer450R

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Actually my lock goes up and down with the button the door just acts locked.
and sometimes ill shut the door and it dont close, just pops back open.

The door started working again about an hour later by the way...wierd

THE YETI

Director of Operations
Supporting Member
Reaction score
it will work intermittently, but eventually it will fail entirely. And yes, the door lock will go up and down but it will not actuate, meaning unlock or lock the door.

GM Customer Service

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would suggest you first contact GM customer service and explain your problem. They will then contact the dealer of your choice with instructions. It's best to go directly to the one with the purse string. The dealer won't fight for you.

Warren

I agree with Warren. If you are experiencing issues, you should contact our Customer Assistance Centers. They can explain your situation to the dealership. They will then be able to ask the dealer if they will do the work at no charge. If anyone has been to a dealership to get this issue fixed and it comes back, please direct message me with your information including your VIN so I can look into it further for you.

Thank you!

Elizabeth, GM Customer Service

Sheriff

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I agree with Warren. If you are experiencing issues, you should contact our Customer Assistance Centers. Elizabeth, GM Customer Service

I have a quick question. What's up with my getting a "10312 noncompliance safety belt anchor pretensioner" recall on both of my new Impalas? And what's up with the dealership telling me to drop the car off one day and they will get to it as soon as they can? One of these Impalas is my office, I can't leave it sitting at the shop for 2 or 3 days. How long should this recall take, and why can they not make appointments?

Just curious.

The last seat belt recall I had was on a Ford Crown Victoria. The guys performed the service sitting right out front in 1o minutes. They didn't have to check the car in and take it around back and park it for 2 or 3 days.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aj124