Lock actuator replaced out of warranty

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hammer450R

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah I just asked and the lady practical laughed me out of the place. You know when you are explaining the issue and she buts in with "Last name" its not going to go very well. lol

THE YETI

Director of Operations
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well.. today was interesting. Brought our Burban in for the second door lock actuator to fail in the past month (different doors) and Chevy replaced it at no cost to me and over-rode our Major Guard Deductible because we were just there a few weeks ago replacing another one.

I was VERY pleased. If Elizabeth happens to see this post, if there is a way to extend my gratitude towards our service writer, please let me know how. I could have hugged this guy. Very professional and courteous.

Green Machine

Full Access Member
Reaction score
About the second week of ownership on my used 2008 Tahoe hybrid and the driver's door lock goes out on me during a road trip. Fortunately I can still lock and unlock the door manually and I still have some time before the original 3yr/36k warranty expires. I'll be taking it to the dealer when I return home.

In the meantime, does anyone know if the lock actuator gets repaired with a newer design part? Or do you get the same part and just hope it doesn't fail again?

Hammer450R

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine looked like the same part, but that really doesnt mean anything for the insides of it. Just replaced driver door, not a very hard job took about 30 minutes

Green Machine

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I also just noticed that the keyhole end of the exterior door handle of the driver's door comes out 1-2 mm from the door when you pull on it.

GM Customer Service

Full Access Member
Reaction score
About the second week of ownership on my used 2008 Tahoe hybrid and the driver's door lock goes out on me during a road trip. Fortunately I can still lock and unlock the door manually and I still have some time before the original 3yr/36k warranty expires. I'll be taking it to the dealer when I return home.

In the meantime, does anyone know if the lock actuator gets repaired with a newer design part? Or do you get the same part and just hope it doesn't fail again?

Green Machine,

It all depends on if the dealership has old stock or new stock and if GM did a design change. I would advise you to speak with the dealership to confirm what they will be replacing it with.

Thank you!

Elizabeth, GM Customer Service

Green Machine

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Green Machine,

It all depends on if the dealership has old stock or new stock and if GM did a design change. I would advise you to speak with the dealership to confirm what they will be replacing it with.

Thank you!

Thanks. It's good to have you on this forum.

I will already be taking the truck in for new liftgate struts so I'll have them replace the door lock(s) as well.

GM Customer Service

Full Access Member
Reaction score

I will already be taking the truck in for new liftgate struts so I'll have them replace the door lock(s) as well.

Green Machine,

You’re welcome! If you have any other questions, feel free to ask me! Have a great day.

Thank you!

Mr T

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Looks like I need to join the gang. My 2008 rear right door doesn't lock or unlock electronically.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tmds3