Look what we brought home this past weekend

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hoesgottaeat2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Drove this old girl home this past weekend to add to our fleet.
Looks a lot like our ‘99.
136k miles.
We are now the 3rd owner of this ‘96 Hoe.
And another solid truck to have around.
Spent it’s life in Oregon, so the body is great and underneath is super solid.

IMG_9979.jpeg

IMG_9981.jpeg

IMG_9984.jpeg

IMG_9985.jpeg

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
If came from Oregon, then no rust. Be a pleasure to work on the steering and suspension. I would asap put band clamps on that filter instead of the worm gear clamps. Your wet seepage there is likely from those clamps. "Told transmission was replaced"? Did you get the paperwork or at least a name of the shop that did it? Lack of paperwork drives me crazy.

Looks like a nice solid no rust truck.

tom3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My first thought when I saw the trailer brake control was get a look at the trans. pan but with the replacement that should be good to go. You probably know to keep a close eye on the coolant, early Vortec heads are prone to cracking. Super nice deluxe vehicle and a really good year for those.

OP
OP
Hoesgottaeat2

Hoesgottaeat2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If came from Oregon, then no rust. Be a pleasure to work on the steering and suspension. I would asap put band clamps on that filter instead of the worm gear clamps. Your wet seepage there is likely from those clamps. "Told transmission was replaced"? Did you get the paperwork or at least a name of the shop that did it? Lack of paperwork drives me crazy.

Looks like a nice solid no rust truck.
Yes, I was "told" the transmission was replaced. No documentation, but was also told the first owner was a "mechanic". Nothing to prove that either.
My guess is that the transmission was rebuilt or was replaced with a rebuilt or good used one. I have a good spare 4L60 if I need it, fortunately.
I bought the truck solely off of my personal assessment of it.
I trust hardly anyone these days and that's helpful when buying a used car LOL.
But we took it for a 7 hour test drive over the weekend and she drove just fine.
My '96 Suburban came off the road permanently earlier this Spring, if you'll recall. That is now the parts vehicle for the the (2) Tahoes we own.

89Suburban

Bull in the china shop
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
councilman