Fix and Keep My 2015 GMC Yukon SLT or Get Rid of It?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
B

BringTheNoise

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum from Oregon.

Was there any previous paperwork provided for repairs and maintenance or just a CarFax?

"I spent $1000 on detailing it, refinishing the wheels, matching front window tint, and fixing the tear in the seat and wear on console. It looks like a $30,000 to $40,000 truck".

IMO, Any money spent for looks should take a back seat till the mechanicals are all addressed. You have to expect that a used truck with 200K+ miles will need some work.

MY 2005 Tahoe Z71 is "dated" but mechanically is a work horse. @Doubeleive and @RoadTrip are giving you good advice about expectations and known needs.
Thank You for the reply. Carfax looked okay and I knew going in I’d have to spend 3 grand or more mechanically to make it right. Since I do have my other car I’m not going to rush into splurging money on it. If I be smart I’ll find a way to get that $3000 worth of items fixed for $1500. I just remind myself if how much even just a two year old one is and it makes spending tge money on it easier!

OP
OP
B

BringTheNoise

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Welcome to the Forum from NH.

Lots of knowledgeable folks here who freely share their knowledge, experiences, and perspectives. Knowledge is power.

I hope that you will become a participating member in the Forum's discussions.

You are already receiving sage advice from the knowledgeable folks on this Forum.

If you do any wrenching at all, you can perform some of those repairs yourself. For the basic stuff, a vehicle is a vehicle, no matter who makes it. Do what you can do yourself, by obtaining OEM GM parts from either RockAuto.com or GMPartsDirrect.com, as they are way cheaper than buying parts at the local dealer.

Also, for those repairs that you can't or don't want to do yourself, give your local friend mastertech an opportunity to perform those repairs, if he is willing, as I'm sure that he will be just fine technically working on your truck, and he will be much cheaper than the local dealer.
Thank You for the advice and parts link suggestions!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DogRig