Looking for Black Flame Custom Pics Halos+LEDS on a Yukon

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

007fl

Reaction score
Link to BFC ???? Please.

chris 4851 - did you take these apart and paint them or did you get them this way? niiiiice

007fl

Reaction score
I hope this isn't a double post, I can't see my last one.....

Chris4851 did you take your housings apart and paint them yourself?

Link to BFC???

Thanks

crap, did double post, sorry.......

NathanJax

Vacation Nathan
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

007fl

Reaction score

NathanJax

Vacation Nathan
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
found it guys, thanks.

wow, do these things give head? LOL If I spend $945 on headlights I won't be getting any at home for a long time. LMAO

Gotta pay to play... especially with the big boys...

I'd say almost half of that is the cost of products, new headlights, ballast, bulbs, projectors, etc. and then the other half labor.

A good DIY if you're handy

NathanJax

Vacation Nathan
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I pulled a fuse......no DRLs or discussion of them with BFC

pretty sure this is how you do it... (Correct me if I'm wrong though)

Here's how to disable the Daytime Running Lights on a NNBS 07-up
the automatic headlights will still work.

Pop the hood. (make sure the truck is off).
DSC00083.jpg
Go to your under the hood fuse center.

Remove the cover.
DSC00084.jpg

Remove these 2 fuses.
DSC00085-1.jpg

Done.

soulsea

Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Does BFC kill the DRL's somehow in there retro? Or is it a fuse pull? Or diode removal? I placed my order with BFC im just wondering what to expect with disconnect of DRL's im very good with electronics/electrical so its no worry i just haven't had a chance to play with disconnecting DRL's. I read some say its a fuse pull and some say removal of a diode underneath drivers dash can anyone confirm?

---------- Post added at 12:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:37 PM ----------

whats your super secret DRL setup? I would love to run DRL's on the CCFL halos on the retro kit...

It's not that BFC 'kills' the DRLs, it's more that the H13 setup all but kills it unless the retrofitter knows how to do it. Our H13 bulbs act in three functions drl, low, and high ... to the degree I understand it, drl pulls diminished current from the high beam signal to light up the drl. When folks put a b-x projector in there it obviously can't do all three functions so the drl is lost.

The way to reclaim it is by recovering the signal and routing it somewhere else ... to the fogs, upper reflector switchbacks (park light signal is lost in this setup), led light bars like the philips 4 in the tow hook gap, or as a ccfl halo in the projectors.

It really all depends on your preferred look and the skill of the retrofitter ... but is also limited by distance inasmuch as some things can only be done in person and not an easy PnP solution.

As far as my super secret setup ... it's nothing extraordinary but if I told ya it would be a regular secret lacking super qualities. :)

BFC Automotive

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's not that BFC 'kills' the DRLs, it's more that the H13 setup all but kills it unless the retrofitter knows how to do it. Our H13 bulbs act in three functions drl, low, and high ... to the degree I understand it, drl pulls diminished current from the high beam signal to light up the drl. When folks put a b-x projector in there it obviously can't do all three functions so the drl is lost.

The way to reclaim it is by recovering the signal and routing it somewhere else ... to the fogs, upper reflector switchbacks (park light signal is lost in this setup), led light bars like the philips 4 in the tow hook gap, or as a ccfl halo in the projectors.

It really all depends on your preferred look and the skill of the retrofitter ... but is also limited by distance inasmuch as some things can only be done in person and not an easy PnP solution.

As far as my super secret setup ... it's nothing extraordinary but if I told ya it would be a regular secret lacking super qualities. :)

Just to keep things accurate -- a DRL circuit has nothing to do with the retrofitter or their skill level.

It's usually a low voltage input (generally from the ECU and/or control boxes) -- tripping either the low or high beam circuit on -- usually when the car is running and in gear or with the e-brake off.

The headlight doesn't have a third circuit for DRL, unless it's a completely separate bulbs or system (the OEM halogen bulbs only have two filaments -- two circuits).

The bi-xenon projector has ONE bulb that fires up for low beam operation and stays on during high beam activation (a solenoid inside the projector drops to provide a high beam pattern).

The DRL circuit, if left active, will signal the new bi-xenon harness to turn on and the HID bulb will fire up -- acting as a DRL.

Please let me know if that wasn't explained properly or there is any confusion with this stuff. It's what we do here.

We've been talking with Bryan from here on setting up our vendor account -- finally. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
partswapper