Looking to add Rack to roof

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Garyjw2

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hey guys so I have a 05 Yukon Denali and am going to be moving up to Oregon. I am looking to buy a rack that goes on top of truck to hold extra stuff. Never bought any type of accessories for the truck so was wondering were was a good place to get this stuff.. Thanks a lot for your help..

Danielgreig

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The first place I would check is Craigslist.....that is if you don't mind it being used.

So what part of Oregon are you moving to? I moved to Oregon from California just about 10 years ago.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

inkedin1

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have an 02 z71 hoe and I have been thinking of putting a different rack on mine. If you were interested in purchasing a used one off a z71 I might sell ya mine. If your interested pm me and we can go from there.

DCT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do you mean a safari rack? Google it to see what it looks like. CG is always good. Amazon too. 4 Wheel Parts is good for looking, but prices are too high.

Gzes

the drifting 2dr
Reaction score
An actual roof rack or a basket? I bought my basket for $70 new on ebay

thegeneral

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Go for the Yakima megawarrior with an extension. I've had mine for a few yrs and love it.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1372132272.100993.jpg

thegeneral

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yea I'm a big fan of a lot of light. I've since switched everything to LEDs but still love the old halogens!ImageUploadedByTapatalk1372206317.230530.jpg

OP
OP
Garyjw2

Garyjw2

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
The Safari Rack

The first place I would check is Craigslist.....that is if you don't mind it being used.

So what part of Oregon are you moving to? I moved to Oregon from California just about 10 years ago.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey going to be moving to the Bend area family in Sisters.. Going to be going up in about 3 weeks..

I have an 02 z71 hoe and I have been thinking of putting a different rack on mine. If you were interested in purchasing a used one off a z71 I might sell ya mine. If your interested pm me and we can go from there.

Thanks but ya kinda want to get one new..thanks though..

Do you mean a safari rack? Google it to see what it looks like. CG is always good. Amazon too. 4 Wheel Parts is good for looking, but prices are too high.

Ya something like that..I like the safari rack seems stronge... Amazon has some good prices on floor mates. Going to grab some from there..

An actual roof rack or a basket? I bought my basket for $70 new on ebay

I am thinking roof rack or safari rack want to attach lights on it..

Go for the Yakima megawarrior with an extension. I've had mine for a few yrs and love it.
View attachment 22653

Is it strong enough to attach lights and secure a gas can? I am liking the safari rack. But it seems that the basket is easy to take off?

Thanks a lot everyone for all the feedback sorry it took so long to get back to you. I have been very busy with getting everything ready to move..✈

---------- Post added at 11:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:39 PM ----------

Also my truck only has the bars going the length of the car not across do I need them to have basket? And is there one that would work with what I have? Thanks

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dhrusso925