Lost my keys please help!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rld003

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I lost both sets of keys to my 2007 Yukon, I'm heading to the dealer tomorrow to get a new key cut, do I need to do any thing special or should the key work normal.

zach2011

Platinum Member
Reaction score
The dealer will know what kind of key to supply to you. I'd get a key fob too.

OP
OP
R

Rld003

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Any special programming or will it work fine? I'm nervous because I was reading that I need one working key to program the new key.

zach2011

Platinum Member
Reaction score
Well, the dealer is the best place to get this done because they'll know all procedures (if any) when you get a new key. Don't worry, they'll know what to do!

sumo

dn ʇǝƃ ʇuɐɔ & llǝɟ ı
Reaction score
they should be able to get all the needed info from your vin.

OP
OP
R

Rld003

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Went to the dealer today and got a key cut. Here is the procedure they said would work, insert key in ignition and wait 10 minutes, repeat again, repeat again and then then after the third time the key should be synced and will start the car.

rogersinsel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I lost both sets of keys to my 2007 Yukon, I'm heading to the dealer tomorrow to get a new key cut, do I need to do any thing special or should the key work normal.

They will want proof that you own the vehicle along with the VIN. Veh. title, registration, insurance verification.

OP
OP
R

Rld003

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Your right, service guy send that get tons of requests for keys and people can't prove they own the vehicle. Crazy...
:

stevek

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know the way to program copies... start the car with the original, take it out and start with the new, repeat a few times and the key should be programmed. I don't know the number of times, I always did 3 and it worked for me.

Did they have to change any locks or anything?

OP
OP
R

Rld003

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I know the way to program copies... start the car with the original, take it out and start with the new, repeat a few times and the key should be programmed. I don't know the number of times, I always did 3 and it worked for me.

Did they have to change any locks or anything?

The problem is I don't have the original key.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Extrememri1

Latest posts