Lost one, Found another

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Coolman1987us

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hit a moose a few weeks ago. No major damage, still drove straight and true. Had to hammer the fender forward to allow the door to open but it never damaged the door. Two airbag sensors and the rollover sensor were tripped but the bags never went off. Airbag light was on after the hit. The sensors pushed it over the edge and insurance totaled it. Sad to see it go but I found a 2013 for a steal and in much better condition and less miles, only catch no sunroof. I guess ill get over it, maybe, someday, probably not though. I prefer the white also, and these new seats aren't as comfortable as the 08. Now I have to put all my crap back in the new one.

Only pic I have of the new one is the dealer pic. Ill take some more later when I go outside.

PXL_20240627_083347280.jpgPXL_20240629_204637990.jpgPXL_20240727_201524365.jpgPXL_20240804_050557399.jpgimg-1-600x400.jpg

Trey Hardy

8” fabtech icon coilovers uniballs 24x14on35/15.50
Reaction score
Looks pretty significant for a moose encounter I’ve seen worse with deer around my way lmao sorry for the bad luck though!
Shoot the other day my buddy smoked a turkeyvulcher going 70 and caved his whole windshield in!!! I was like damn bro who did you run over this time? Must’ve got em good with a lick like that!

petethepug

Michael
Reaction score
Bummer. That’ll scare the shìt out you. I’m sure the Insurance adjuster has already given the write off to his buddy whose buying the replacement parts for the damaged one right now.

The old truck will probably show up at a CarMax here in Cali. They’ll have it all fixed up for $18k and sell in 3-4 days LOL.

OP
OP
Coolman1987us

Coolman1987us

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Bummer. That’ll scare the shìt out you. I’m sure the Insurance adjuster has already given the write off to his buddy whose buying the replacement parts for the damaged one right now.

The old truck will probably show up at a CarMax here in Cali. They’ll have it all fixed up for $18k and sell in 3-4 days LOL.
I could have bought it back for 2k, they gave me 5. there was some fender and rocker rust so i figured id cut my losses. ended up with a much more solid vehicle. I'm in Maine so i doubt it'll end up in Cali but never know.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Michael's right, that truck will be back on the road in no time, new fender, bumper cover and some sensors, Maybe $2k in used parts without labor.

Did you get any moose meat out of that deal at least?

Post up some pics of the new one when you can. Glad nobody but the moose got hurt.

petethepug

Michael
Reaction score
I miss the mooses. Man, here in SoCal if someone spots a coyote it makes the prime time news. Wait, I take that back, there were packs of 2.5T seals climbing up on boats sunbathing in Newport Beach and sinking them.

IMG_2211.jpeg
Glad we don’t have those things blubbering around on the highways.

grouch

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Moose was pissed he hit a car - back recanting the story with his buddies! (probably) :)

Probably at a self help seminar where he had a near death experience and saw a tunnel with a bright light.

My Mazda got nailed last summer but it got fixed, although I did drive around with Wile E. Coyote on the door for a while.

Wile E. Coyote.jpeg

It was close to totaling the car, but not quite. My agent said the damage was 28% of the value of the car. At 30% or blown bags, they would have totaled it. The truck behind me said it went over the roof after it hit me. That would explain the hoof prints on the roof.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hawkeye1