low current LED flasher module - NNBS

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

madmanhiker

Reaction score
Has anyone every replaced the factory flasher module for an LED "low current" flash module? This would supposedly eliminate the need for load resistors for signals. I am trying to replace the rear 7443/3157 lights in the rear tail lights to be brighter and more crisp - especially for the turn signals. It's a subtle change but has a big impact. I was able to successfully change the front signals with the help of load resistors and that works great. Today, I went to do the rear lights and the load resistor is giving me issues. There are 3 wires, black, brown and yellow and I believe I need to put the resistor between the yellow and the black, but it didn't work. hmm... I also tried black and brown.... didn't work - still hyper flash.

I'm not keen on the load resistors either because they get hot!! A simple LED flasher module change should do the trick but I have yet to see a Tahoe/Yukon (NNBS 07-14) who has been down this path... which is odd to me.

Check out this thread for more details on the LED flasher module

I can find these out there for around 70 bucks, but... not sure where it goes. The engine bay fuse box doesn't seem to have this... is there another fuse panel in the yuk's or hoe's near the knee panel (under the steering wheel?)

thanks in advance...

jebt2921

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Front signals are run by a computer I believe and you can't use a flasher module which is why you have to use a resistor. Not sure about the rear.

I'm running dual LED switchbacks on the front and installed the resistor right on top of the metal bar above the headlight assembly. Installed with two screws in new holes I made. Helps dissipate the head since it's on metal any have never had any issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
madmanhiker

madmanhiker

Reaction score
thanks for the advice. my issue is not the front sigs, those are fine - using vleds and resistors there as well... my issue is the rear tail lights. I think I may go with the "new" vled 7443's with the built in resistor, but they are $100!!! It would be nice just to swap out a flasher relay...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rnfernandez1968