Lower ball joint size - SOLVED

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
The difference is just over 1/16".

Clean the hole real good and sight it. I would think it would be obvious.

West 1

Reaction score
Separate from the measurements the aftermarket Ball Joints, Moog are always sized slightly larger than the factory ball joint to make sure they stay tight after install. I have not looked it up in a while but they are oversized. A factory ball joint would be loose in the hole if a Moog was used before this. I believe Spicer Joints follow the same practice as Moog. I don't know what the Imports from overseas do for size. If you buy Moog or Spicer ball joint they offer both the quality made product using factory type quality parts and they offer a Chinese copy low priced product. Most parts store countermen do not share the quality differences. They ask if you want the one for $35 or the other brand for $65 but do not tell you the differences. The premium Moog part was tested to last 5 times longer than the import part so the difference is huge in quality. Moog used to put an R in the part number if it was an economy part. Example, the premium part would be a number like K6401, the cheap part was an RK6401 both are sold as Moog Brand, one is good, the other is a cheap imported copy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
F9thSkynet

Latest posts