lowered and towing..??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

01hoe

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I am trying to decide what do here. I am thinking about lowering my hoe 3/5 but at the same time not sure if that is a good idea as I tow a 24' enclosed car trailer with it from time to time. Anybody here lowered and still tow with it? What set up did you use and how does it handle the weight?

NORCAL SS

SUV SUSPENSION GURU
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I am trying to decide what do here. I am thinking about lowering my hoe 3/5 but at the same time not sure if that is a good idea as I tow a 24' enclosed car trailer with it from time to time. Anybody here lowered and still tow with it? What set up did you use and how does it handle the weight?

24 enclosed is pretty big. on my customers truck that are doing that much i do my 3/5 kit with air helper bags and a dist. hitch and there is no issues. oh and inside the last one i had was a 2003 silverado ss show truck

OP
OP

01hoe

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
yeah it deff weighs more than 5k. I am planning on getting a weight dist setup for it. I was thinking about the helper bags in the rear coils but wasn't sure if that would be ok with that kind of weight

---------- Post added at 05:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:05 PM ----------

also does one brand verses the other seem to have stronger coils? And going 3/5 I figure I will use spindles and keys in the front. Will I still be able to keep my alignment good with the keys?

Jewel or Jalopy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yeah it deff weighs more than 5k. I am planning on getting a weight dist setup for it. I was thinking about the helper bags in the rear coils but wasn't sure if that would be ok with that kind of weight

---------- Post added at 05:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:05 PM ----------

also does one brand verses the other seem to have stronger coils? And going 3/5 I figure I will use spindles and keys in the front. Will I still be able to keep my alignment good with the keys?

You'll definitely want the WD hitch and make sure you spend time setting it up. One extra link makes a huge difference in drivability, going from scary to comfortable as weight gets transferred back to the front axle and steering isn't so light.

westcoast

Full Access Member
Reaction score

i tow with mine but I dont tow anything that heavy with my denali usually just a car trailer or my boat. For the big stuff like a enclosed car trailer I use my F250.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
weeda3068