Lowered my '15 LTZ

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
R

red02chevy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey Red02Chevy,

Love your set up. Currently I have a 2015 in the body shop getting all the Chrome blacked out and the Tahoe emblems Black Chrome. I am looking at getting some wheels and love your 24's. My question is, this Tahoe is for a friends wife and they want to try and maintain how well the Tahoe rides because they use it for long trips. How well did you maintain your ride quality with those size wheels? Any input is greatly appreciated and I saw a couple post on tires, but if you have any recommendations for tires that are good for being quiet, good ride quality and good in all weather conditions let me know. Thanks so much!

Nice, make sure you post some pics after the paint work is completed.

Funny that you ask about long trips, we just got back from a 2,000 mile trip and I have zero complaints on the Tahoe. I have a '13 LTZ crew cab and I really enjoy all the bells and whistles that the Tahoe has that my truck doesn't. We ran into quite a bit of rain on the trip and the Nitto's performed excellent at normal highway speeds. With the extra time and energy GM spent on wind noise you can't hear any noise from the tires.

mhaynes772

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Nice, make sure you post some pics after the paint work is completed.

Funny that you ask about long trips, we just got back from a 2,000 mile trip and I have zero complaints on the Tahoe. I have a '13 LTZ crew cab and I really enjoy all the bells and whistles that the Tahoe has that my truck doesn't. We ran into quite a bit of rain on the trip and the Nitto's performed excellent at normal highway speeds. With the extra time and energy GM spent on wind noise you can't hear any noise from the tires.

Here's a couple photos. Almost done. Now just need some wheels. Anyone have suggestions for wheels? Want something nice and durable. Got a quote form HRE but $14,000 for wheels and tires on a Tahoe is a little much. But still want to try and get something nice. And trying to decide between 22's and 24's.

Attachments

• IMG_1036.jpg
    IMG_1036.jpg
    104 KB · Views: 138
  • IMG_4886.jpg
    IMG_4886.jpg
    21.3 KB · Views: 123

THE YETI

Director of Operations
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There are several other 3pc forged companies out there that can get you 24s and tires for less than half what hre would want. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kkeesy

Latest posts