lowering 2dr 2wd Hoe with springs front and rear

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sparkie124

Reaction score
Ive been digging through posts for a few days now and dont see anybody doing the lowering leafs in the rear. Do they ride like crap or just not low enough? I think a flip will put me down more than I want so I was looking at a 3/3.5 all spring F&R kit. Feedback please.

JonDeere

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
If you want my advice id say do a 4" drop in the rear using hangers and shackles. If you use stock leaf springs you basicly keep the stock ride quality no worries about gettin worse.
Ive got a 97 4door had it dropped 5/5 used flip kit on rear which also leaves stock leafs for the stock ride quality. Im currently on a 3/5 with 22s, my 22s wouldnt clear the front fenders when i was 5/5

314_kamper

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Mine is 5/5 but the spindles on here cause bump steer but it rides pretty good. I want to get shock extenders and 1 in hangers to go down in the rear a bit more
255/50/17 all the way around

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 36

OkcLarryD

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Lowering 2dr 2wd

How are you guys lowering your 2dr 2wd Tahoes and staying out of the filler neck?
I've got mine about as low as it will go without rubbing the rubber filler hose for the gas tank and it needs another inch and a half to two inches to suit me.

98blackbell

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did the 4/6 drop and no issues running 20" wheels. Rubs a little on the fronts on full compression hits the upper inner fender. Have to be at speed and hit a large dip in the road.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
the burbalac