Ls1?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RVMS

Reaction score
Soooo basically from my understanding the 5.7 block is the same as an ls1, minus the aluminum. Same motor mout points and all. Am I wong?

JKmotorsports

Rollin the boosted grocery-getter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The LS1 is a completely different block from the GenI and II motors. Structural architecture and dimensions are different. I think the ONLY thing in common besides the 5.7L displacement is the crank journal diameters. Other than that, everything else is different.

AquinoSteven

Key and Spacer Guru
Reaction score
Alot of people looking to upgrade the 5.3s bore it and make an iron LS1 using all the LS1 internals. Thats the closest youll get to a similar motor other then an LS6

blueflamed03

Supporting Member
Reaction score
but, if your planning to swap one in, a good 5.3 or even 6.0 can be had for cheaper.
If you opt for 6.0, you have 350 cu in versus 370 cu in.

retorq

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The LS1 is a completely different block from the GenI and II motors. Structural architecture and dimensions are different. I think the ONLY thing in common besides the 5.7L displacement is the crank journal diameters. Other than that, everything else is different.

I thought the cam bearings are the same too ..

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Open Road