Lube points?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LTZNewb

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Ive searched threads and can’t find a definitive answer (unless I’m just old and not searching it correctly). Does anyone know how many lube points I would have on my ‘11 LTZ and where they are? I’ve already done the ball joints and outer tie rod ends, but can’t seem to find anymore. Everything is OE and I know that there probably aren’t a lot, until I start replacing components eventually. I have some slight popping and cracking sometimes, and this is my first step towards figuring this out. I’ve had it inspected and was told everything looks tight, but I tend to overthink things (maybe because I’m a former Land Rover owner ). Any suggestions? TIA!

89Suburban

Bull in the china shop
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Did you look in the owners manual?

89Suburban

Bull in the china shop
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ball joints, tie rod ends, caliper slides, transfer case and diff fluids, hood & door hinges. I don't think there are fittings on the u-joints.

petethepug

Michael
Reaction score
Nothing on the U joints unfortunately. The driveshaft splines are a forgotten place to try and get.

Obviously don’t use a petrol product like wd40 as it will dry out rubber bushings. A temporary solution is silicone or ptfe based lubes on all the bushings to free them up.

Ultimately at the age of our trucks it’s best to plan on replacement of the suspension bushings via new parts vs pressing in/out new bushings. It’s cheaper if you shop and take your time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BigRed23