Lug nut wrench size?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

petethepug

Michael
Reaction score
If you’re going to order one, get the x shaped breaker bar with a different size on all 4 ends. You’ll have 4 in 1 tool, plus be able to spin the lugs on/off under torque with the wrench vs a combo of your fingers and the wrench.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you’re going to order one, get the x shaped breaker bar with a different size on all 4 ends. You’ll have 4 in 1 tool, plus be able to spin the lugs on/off under torque with the wrench vs a combo of your fingers and the wrench.
I've grown to hate those things, too big and clunky for even the garage!

This has double ended sockets:
1694134039177.png

I like these too from Tekton:

1694134118095.png1694134153276.png

OP
OP
L

lightflyer1

Reaction score
Not a 22mm showing in any of that. Nice setup though if it works good. I have it covered now, I just didn't know if they were metric or not. Thanks everyone!

Marky Dissod

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This has double ended sockets:
1694134039177-png.png
I used to use that EXACT tool to do spare tire changes.
I was a roadside assistant, did jumpstarts, refuels, and spare tire changes, so that the driver could avoid a tow.

Those sockets are good for those sizes.
There are also other double-ended double-sized sockets that it doesn't hurt to also have handy.

That bar ... that not quite 90° angle ... be careful with it. A bar with a proper 90° angle works WAY better, and is MUCH safer.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That bar ... that not quite 90° angle ... be careful with it. A bar with a proper 90° angle works WAY better, and is MUCH safer.
You are right about that but I don't touch any of that stuff anymore, it would do me in for sure! I have lots of strong young men around who are courting our daughters to handle such chores! It's there in the back of the truck so they can use it! LOL

Mean_Green

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the OEM one neatly tucked away in the left wheel well space.

I probably should get it out and try to run the tire jack down to make sure it works and I know how to do it. Never had one like it. Always had the spare (or donut) inside the cargo space.

Reaction score
I have the OEM one neatly tucked away in the left wheel well space.

I probably should get it out and try to run the tire jack down to make sure it works and I know how to do it. Never had one like it. Always had the spare (or donut) inside the cargo space.
I lower mine once a year and spray lube the cable and tire winch parts and check the spare tire pressure

petethepug

Michael
Reaction score
The oem bottle jack is secured with actual nuts that require a 3/8 ratchet or ratcheting closed end wrench to remove. Whudda you thinking GM??

Either find the correct size wrench and secure it to the jack or remove the OEM nuts and replace them with wing nuts.

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
The oem bottle jack is secured with actual nuts that require a 3/8 ratchet or ratcheting closed end wrench to remove. Whudda you thinking GM??

Either find the correct size wrench and secure it to the jack or remove the OEM nuts and replace them with wing nuts.

Where would this ratchet be used to remove the bottle jack?

2009 Tahoe Jack Storage.JPG

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Budzy24