made my own custom smooth vent covers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
josueh95

josueh95

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hey thanks everyone for the compliments now onto how i did it..you will need some body filler for this such as bondo or any others that will harden pretty well..i used an industrial filler that my dad uses at work so that helped me out..now you need to fill in the holes first and take your time on it..after that sand it down with 80 grit sandpaper and add another layer..do this step until you gotten it as smooth as you can it takes patience to do this and dont oversand..when i do the other side il take plenty of pics for you guys

inkedin1

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
They look great! What kind of primer did you use? I did mine also, basically the same way. My paint gun was messed up at the time and I didn't want to spend the money to fix it. I know better but I used shaker can primer and pain. I had some issues with the paint cracking in a few spots after a couple months. In the mean time I found some esky cap's for a good price that matched my paint so mine have been sitting, I haven't got around to fixing them to sell. If somebody wanted a set that are partially filled (I left the bottom three vents open, just to be different) I 'd sell them as is for a good price. They just need to be sanded down to the body filler (I used evercoat quantum, great stuff) and then primed and painted.

Bomba02

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They look great! What kind of primer did you use? I did mine also, basically the same way. My paint gun was messed up at the time and I didn't want to spend the money to fix it. I know better but I used shaker can primer and pain. I had some issues with the paint cracking in a few spots after a couple months. In the mean time I found some esky cap's for a good price that matched my paint so mine have been sitting, I haven't got around to fixing them to sell. If somebody wanted a set that are partially filled (I left the bottom three vents open, just to be different) I 'd sell them as is for a good price. They just need to be sanded down to the body filler (I used evercoat quantum, great stuff) and then primed and painted.
any pics? What's your price?
Billy

inkedin1

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
pm me if your interested. I would let them go for $75.00 w/o shipping. Buyer pays for shipping from 86406. If you pm me I will get you some pictures.

Lentsnh2012

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They look great man! I thought about glassing mine.... But aren't you plugging up holes that have a purpose other than looks?

If I'm not mistaken, the holes are there for the pressure release vent behind the trim panel...

WHITEOUT

Dont Hate-Appreciate
Reaction score
I guess, but it's not like they are air tight anyways. Have had smoothies for a few years, and never noticed any negative affects.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dhrusso925