MAF sensor brand

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Those rings can be a bugger to turn all the way on, but that's so the seal is good. They make a tool for that but I didn't use one on my '04, just two channel lock pliers on opposite sides of the ring. You'll know it's all the way on when the latch can go into the slot on the ring.

This is a pic from my '04 Flex Fuel, not the same ring as yours but same principle. I circled the lock/latch that needs to be in place after installing the ring. Do you have such a lock on yours? I'm not seeing it in the pics.

2021-08-15 Fuel Pump New Ring_resized.jpg

Last edited:

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Doubeleive, When you checked your cats, what were some of the symptoms you were having? Also did you use the infrared thermometer and what were your temps before and after cats? I am seeing tons of youtube videos and also reading online in where if before the cats the temp is higher then after cats, that the cats are bad and not doing there job.

I will run the car some after fixing some of these issues and recheck the temp
when you want to tag someone in a post put a (@) like @xxxx in front of there name and it will give a notification to the member
as for cat temps your's are probably fine unless you drive like a total granny
mine would be close to or at 800 degrees but i also drive it like a race car, no granny driving pissing the people off behind me slow in the fast lane crapola going on

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Few more pics

What you think?
I agree with @Fless, the lock ring does not look fully seated. I would remove and pulling the unit and check the 0-ring and look for any obstruction or bent area where the lock ring goes.

Now that I look a second time, it look slike ring is all the way in there but looks off set a bit?

mattbta

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine is a 2004 flex fuel, too. Cheapo lock ring tool I bought that was advertised as fitting did not. Bought this one and as it is adjustable was able to get mine off and then back on properly. Lots of folks use hand tools with success.

Universal Fuel Pump Removal Tool, Adjustable Fuel Pump Lock Ring Tool, Fuel Tank Lock Ring Tool, Fuel Tank Repair Kit, 5.31" to 7.17" Adjustable Lock Ring Spanner https://a.co/d/inQ3izR

OP
OP
C

crownvic31

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ordered the tool and a new o-ring just in case. Sucks because i have a full tank of gas. I need to drive it as much as i can and fast to get the fuel down. It stinks bad. This has become a headach. From maf sensor to fuel pump issues and vent solenoid.

OP
OP
C

crownvic31

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Update.

After inspecting the truck, came to notice that the fuel line coming from fuel rails and the evap line coming from the front are both heavily rusted and most likely when trying to fix my 1st issue i must have demaged it some what. It is now leaking fuel.

I have checked several websites and no one seems to have these available. Any one have an idea as to what replace these with?

2007 escalade 6.2 base model

OP
OP
C

crownvic31

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Update

Ordered the fuel lines. In mean time, i had to get the truck running. So i cut the piece where it was leaking and did alittle something.

Attachments

• IMG-20230222-WA0004.jpeg
    IMG-20230222-WA0004.jpeg
    345.2 KB · Views: 6
  • Screenshot_20230222_180523_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20230222_180523_Gallery.jpg
    93.5 KB · Views: 6
  • Screenshot_20230222_180331_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20230222_180331_Gallery.jpg
    152 KB · Views: 6

Forum statistics

Threads