Magnaflow #16564

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

blk450er

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have an 11' Tahoe, first one I've ever had and I new here. It's my wife's ride and we love it. I've got a pretty heavily modded powerstroke and am getting itchy to do something to her truck. She said she'll leave the loud vehicle to me and I want to put on a cat back. I've ran magnaflow in the past and love their quality. I've noticed the 6.2s have more of a deep rumble than our 5.3. Would the 16564 kit be about equivalent to the stock 6.2s? We don't want anything loud while cruising or taking off from a stop to make it sound redneck. I've listened to YouTube vids and they sound quiet just deeper. But videos are hard to judge vs in person. Thanks James

NautiKev

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just sold my 5.3 tahoe with the cat back Magnaflow and my wife and I loved it. It was noticeably louder but by far "redneck" I remember getting mine from ebay. It was way cheaper.

OP
OP
B

blk450er

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Yeah we want something mellow as for loudness, and deeper sounding.

NORCAL SS

SUV SUSPENSION GURU
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I have an 11' Tahoe, first one I've ever had and I new here. It's my wife's ride and we love it. I've got a pretty heavily modded powerstroke and am getting itchy to do something to her truck. She said she'll leave the loud vehicle to me and I want to put on a cat back. I've ran magnaflow in the past and love their quality. I've noticed the 6.2s have more of a deep rumble than our 5.3. Would the 16564 kit be about equivalent to the stock 6.2s? We don't want anything loud while cruising or taking off from a stop to make it sound redneck. I've listened to YouTube vids and they sound quiet just deeper. But videos are hard to judge vs in person. Thanks James

I DO THESE trucks a lot including mine and trust me save your money and do 2 things

1) cut off resonator
2) for a stock 6.2 i set up my cusotmers with the 5x8x28 muffler which is the 12289. I sell it for 118 shipped which saves a few bucks over ebay and sounds beefy.

any other questions just ask.

Here is my 6.2 with the big 5x11 muffler and 3.5 turn down and 3rd cat taken off.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I2ODFOtJTX0&list=UUJwwnNFdE_AlBC4HTW71WDg

if you want your truck to sound like this get the 5x8x18 muffler (24 overall) 12259 and i sell for 102 shipped

if you still get the 16564 i sell that kit for 675 shipped that kit uses the 5x11x22 muffler. If you see it for less shoot me a pm ill beat anyones prices

Last edited:
OP
OP
B

blk450er

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
NorCal, do you have a vid of just cruising? We don't rev/race a lot or even have it in high rpms much. That may give me a better idea on how loud it is. Also would my 5.3 sound very different than the 6.2?

langsbr

Reaction score
Tony, my truck is an ESV with the 6.2 - which muffler would I need? I see you've listed 3 different sizes. I know a cat-back doesn't do much for these but my wife wants something with a bit more growl. We've noticed that hers is a bit louder than most Escalades, and I think there is an optional dealer performance catback that she might have. Any way to know if it is that?

NORCAL SS

SUV SUSPENSION GURU
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Tony, my truck is an ESV with the 6.2 - which muffler would I need? I see you've listed 3 different sizes. I know a cat-back doesn't do much for these but my wife wants something with a bit more growl. We've noticed that hers is a bit louder than most Escalades, and I think there is an optional dealer performance catback that she might have. Any way to know if it is that?

only diff some came with 3 cats some with 2. i posted this up also.

Trust me get the 12909 from me same one i put in my escalade and she will like it. My wife does.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tahoe nate