Market Value of 05-06 Yukon XLT/Denali

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

adriver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Let me sart off by answering your question about do I think something is wrong with a 12 year old vehicle with over 100k miles. HECK YEAH there is stuff wrong with it LOL. The big question is what exactly is wrong with it. I would not pay that much for it but 5K sounds about right for an average market price. I would try to allow enough cash in the deal to change all the fluids Coolant/Brake fluid/Differentials/Transfer case/power steering fluid/Transmission fluid to make sure you get another 100k fairly trouble free miles. Do you think your ole buddy would do you a solid and have all that done for you before you pick it up and still keep the price at 5k?

Just curious what you base this off of? We don't have any clue about the maintenance history of it. If fluids and filters are changed, and average maintenance has been kept up. Why would you assume there HAS TO be something wrong with it? This just sounds like something you would say about a car from the 80s. I think modern, even 20 year old automotive technology is better than that. Maybe not for all makes, but my GM vehicles have been great. In 240K miles the ONLY thing that went wrong was a plastic heater hose coupling. Sure, I've replaced the battery, alternator, belts, tires, waterpump, filters, fluids, but that's all standard maintenance.

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That being said, what are your thoughts on a 5.3/6.0L vs a Chrysler Aspen 5.7 hemi? The reason I'm asking is because they're all in the same price range. Do any of you have any experience with pre-bailout Chryslers?
A hemi motor is a hemi motor. They’re fun to drive and for the most part reliable. I have a lot of experience with hemi trucks with the family that I live with. But Chrysler based products are pretty hit or miss regardless of year range when it comes to weird electrical issues. Either you get one that’s rock solid, or you get one that’s riddled with weird as heck electrical gremlins that are a major P-I-T-A to fix. So keep that in mind when looking at Chrysler products. That’s not to say that GM doesn’t have weird issues either, because no brand is perfect. But in just under four years of GM ownership, I haven’t had any weird issues that were that difficult to track down and fix. All I’ve had to do is standard maintenance on a truck that’s going on 13 years old and is going to need maintenance done to it.

OP
OP
MartyMcFLy

MartyMcFLy

Reaction score
A hemi motor is a hemi motor. They’re fun to drive and for the most part reliable. I have a lot of experience with hemi trucks with the family that I live with. But Chrysler based products are pretty hit or miss regardless of year range when it comes to weird electrical issues. Either you get one that’s rock solid, or you get one that’s riddled with weird as heck electrical gremlins that are a major P-I-T-A to fix. So keep that in mind when looking at Chrysler products. That’s not to say that GM doesn’t have weird issues either, because no brand is perfect. But in just under four years of GM ownership, I haven’t had any weird issues that were that difficult to track down and fix. All I’ve had to do is standard maintenance on a truck that’s going on 13 years old and is going to need maintenance done to it.

I've noticed that the Chrysler Aspens are pretty cheap. With their 5.7 hemi powerplant, it is pretty tempting and seems like a lot of vehicle for the money. My question is, why are the Aspens priced so cheap? I see pretty decent Aspens going for 4.5k to 5.5k on a regular basis with around than 120k miles. It makes me believe something may be wrong with them.

Maybe it is the interior that seems slightly less premium? I have owned a dodge hemi and the interior did seem inferior to the chevy/GMC equivalents. Perhaps that is what prices it lower? Because in the end, the Hemi does produce more power.

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've noticed that the Chrysler Aspens are pretty cheap. With their 5.7 hemi powerplant, it is pretty tempting and seems like a lot of vehicle for the money. My question is, why are the Aspens priced so cheap? I see pretty decent Aspens going for 4.5k to 5.5k on a regular basis with around than 120k miles. It makes me believe something may be wrong with them.

Maybe it is the interior that seems slightly less premium? I have owned a dodge hemi and the interior did seem inferior to the chevy/GMC equivalents. Perhaps that is what prices it lower? Because in the end, the Hemi does produce more power.
They are cheaper priced because Chrysler products don’t hold their value as they age.

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, although the Aspen does seem like one of the better vehicles Chrysler had to offer.
They’re nice. I consider looking at them when I was sold my previous 2001 Durango and was looking something bigger. But they xl Denali won out with the bigger motor and more interior space.

OP
OP
MartyMcFLy

MartyMcFLy

Reaction score
It turns out I paid 5k for an ‘05 Yukon XL SLT (not an ‘06 as previously thought). On the upside, it does have low mileage at 106,000 and has the tow pkg and every option minus the rear captain chairs.

Now, me being a guy who is always looking at the next best thing, I’ve had my eye on an ‘05 Denali for 4.5k on Craigslist. It has 143k miles.

I’m kind of thinking of picking it up and selling mine, however I’m not sure about the maintenance history and condition. With mine, I know it’s been taken care of.

Decisions, decisions ...

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
It turns out I paid 5k for an ‘05 Yukon XL SLT (not an ‘06 as previously thought). On the upside, it does have low mileage at 106,000 and has the tow pkg and every option minus the rear captain chairs.

Now, me being a guy who is always looking at the next best thing, I’ve had my eye on an ‘05 Denali for 4.5k on Craigslist. It has 143k miles.

I’m kind of thinking of picking it up and selling mine, however I’m not sure about the maintenance history and condition. With mine, I know it’s been taken care of.

Decisions, decisions ...
If it was me--I'd stick with the 05. Better mileage, and the most important thing of all--You know the maintenance history! Can't beat that.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dhrusso925