Members, I need your advice on alarms.....

how many of you guys run an alarm system?

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mando2776

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well back in march, I got my key lock punched in and my 3rd row seat stolen and my 2 JL 12' woofers were also gone.... ive never had an alarmed installed cuz i hate it when it goes off alarming by itself due too loud exhaust noise.
But I've been thinking on getting an alarm install with prob an auto starter, any advice as to which brand to go with and what features to look out for.?? open to any suggestions, thanks!

oakrdrs187

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't mess with anything but Viper, they will all be the same, because they detect a wire that gets negative or positive polarity when a door is opened, shock sensors, motion sensors, it really depends how sensitive its set. But for technological advancements, features and durability I go Viper all the way here in the SoCal desert where the average summer day is 110 out, and hotter in the car and we also have gusty and dusty winds I have seen just about every brand besides Viper or Python get fried or malfunction due to dust. Name them, Autopage, Crimestopper, Omega, Pyle, Falcon, Vision..... even some of DEI's lower-end stuff. To me, if the remote looks cheesy and if the arming/disarming chirps sound like a bird got whacked (cheep choop cheep) stay away from it. Ive been in install for 7 years at Best Buy, MOM&POP, and Circuit City when it was alive. I currently have the Viper 5900 in the HOE and the Viper 791 in the daily commuter 8g Galant.

Last edited:
OP
OP
mando2776

mando2776

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't mess with anything but Viper, they will all be the same, because they detect a wire that gets negative or positive polarity when a door is opened, shock sensors, motion sensors, it really depends how sensitive its set. But for technological advancements, features and durability I go Viper all the way here in the SoCal desert where the average summer day is 110 out, and hotter in the car and we also have gusty and dusty winds I have seen just about every brand besides Viper or Python get fried or malfunction due to dust. Name them, Autopage, Crimestopper, Omega, Pyle, Falcon, Vision..... even some of DEI's lower-end stuff. To me, if the remote looks cheesy and if the arming/disarming chirps sound like a bird got whacked (cheep choop cheep) stay away from it. Ive been in install for 7 years at Best Buy, MOM&POP, and Circuit City when it was alive. I currently have the Viper 5900 in the HOE and the Viper 791 in the daily commuter 8g Galant.

thanks oakrdrs.
i do know Viper has a good rep.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
staceyw9172

Latest posts