Metal on Metal when turning right??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NovaRacer

Reaction score
Riding home from the in-laws today and I noticed when turning right at around 10 mph, there was a metal on metal sound from the drivers side of the vehicle. It didn't do it when turning left, just right. It didn't do it all the time, just once or twice riding through the neighborhood.

Could this be brake pads in need of changing? Could it be a bearing? A warped rotor?

I have many ideas, but wanted to throw it to the forums and see if one of you have figured this out already?

WB

Rivieraracing

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sounds like a good time to take that front wheel off and check brakes and wheel bearings!

dmperfection

Reaction score
Did you every figure this out? My '02 Tahoe driver side emergency brake once rubbed on the inner rear disc to point that is started touching metal to metal and mostly only happened when turning as the weight shifted to one side. Interested to know if you might have had the same issue.

OP
OP
NovaRacer

NovaRacer

Reaction score
Did you every figure this out? My '02 Tahoe driver side emergency brake once rubbed on the inner rear disc to point that is started touching metal to metal and mostly only happened when turning as the weight shifted to one side. Interested to know if you might have had the same issue.

I ended up putting new pads all the way around (front needed them anyway) new rotors on the front, changed wheel bearings all 4 corners, realigned the front end and replaced a tie rod end.

It was one of those as the noise is gone.

WB

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Helmetgurus

Latest posts