Midas brake job problem

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

thumper_ehhhhh

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When you purchase parts ask where they are made. If they say made in usa or canada ok if they are made in china odds are the metal is garbage and will warp. Return them and pay the extra for the goods stuff.

longstand

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When you purchase parts ask where they are made. If they say made in usa or canada ok if they are made in china odds are the metal is garbage and will warp. Return them and pay the extra for the goods stuff.

ok. what can a person do if the Rotor is Warp?

Jim_Rockford

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
How long ago did you have the work done? look on your paperwork to see how long the job is warrantied for,If it was me I'd be taking my shit back and putting my foot in someone ass. Don't waste your time trying to have em turned cause its just gonna be worse.

longstand

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yes. thats a problem. i purchase it at Ebay.com

argggg.

its ok. i just purchase a new one from autozone.com its only 17.00 for one Front Rotor.

damm ebay.com.

TahoeJim

Full Access Member
Reaction score
These trucks have undersized rotors as it is, I wouldn't try to find a "bargain". Spend the money on good rotors, even if you have to spend $75.00+ each, it's worth it.

I have the original service records for my 99 since it was ordered and sold to the first owner. Factory original rotors were turned 2x and then replaced. The replacement GM rotors were then turned 2x and were somewhat "shaky" when I bought it. So that's 6x having "fresh" rotor surfaces using GM parts in 83,000 miles and they were still not right when I bought it. They would warp so quickly when starting to heat up it was ridiculous.

I threw out the factory rotors (literally) and bought Napa cross drilled/slotted rotors which have a lifetime warranty. 14,000 miles of driving on the same mountain roads and there's been zero warping, overheating or fading. Aside from that, the fact that I don't have to spend my weekend (or time off from work) screwing around with those things was worth the initial cost alone.

foreverfalcon40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yes. thats a problem. i purchase it at Ebay.com

argggg.

its ok. i just purchase a new one from autozone.com its only 17.00 for one Front Rotor.

damm ebay.com.

NEVER EVER EVER JUST BUY ONE ROTOR! Do you buy one set of brake pads?

Do it pairs!

foreverfalcon40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
These trucks have undersized rotors as it is, I wouldn't try to find a "bargain". Spend the money on good rotors, even if you have to spend $75.00+ each, it's worth it.

I have the original service records for my 99 since it was ordered and sold to the first owner. Factory original rotors were turned 2x and then replaced. The replacement GM rotors were then turned 2x and were somewhat "shaky" when I bought it. So that's 6x having "fresh" rotor surfaces using GM parts in 83,000 miles and they were still not right when I bought it. They would warp so quickly when starting to heat up it was ridiculous.

I threw out the factory rotors (literally) and bought Napa cross drilled/slotted rotors which have a lifetime warranty. 14,000 miles of driving on the same mountain roads and there's been zero warping, overheating or fading. Aside from that, the fact that I don't have to spend my weekend (or time off from work) screwing around with those things was worth the initial cost alone.

Cutting brakes on lathe actually takes skill, its not the rotor thats good its the actual mechanic doing the work.

Coo fact on the Napa Rotors, how much the set you back.

I scored D&S rotors with Ceramic Pads $113 shipped to my front door! NO PROBLEMS SO FAR!

---------- Post added at 05:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:42 PM ----------

Back to the purpose of this thread...

Ok here is the deal...

I can't speak for MIDAS at all b/c I don't know where they get thier parts from. But where I work at Sears we STOCK Wagner parts. A Sears bill will state weather we used Wagner parts or not. But either way the warranty on Wagner and Other Brakes are the same. Start at 12k, 12 months, just for pads. New Pads and Rotors is 16k, months. For an extra $35 aka Brake Fluid exhange you get 18k 18months. When you pay these prices your also paying for the warranty aka a piece of mind. If we do not have wagner parts for your vehicle we will order them from Autozone, Advanced Auto, Napa, Etc...

You may say its cheap shit, But really I've seen hundreds of brake pads and rotors from Autozone go on numerous vehicles SUCCESSFULLY and last.

Its all about the install too...YOU JUST do not slap pads on a truck and go, you need to take the car out on a test drive and MESH the pads to the rotors. Thats light stopping from a speed of 10-15 mph and you push the metal gently to a stop. Do it about 5 times then I take it up to speeds of 25-30 and do the same thing.

Me personally, I don't believe in cheap pads IN MY truck for numerous reasons, like for my 22's, extra weight, extra power...what it all comes down to IS MY SAFETY and those that are in the vehicle with me.

You can't put a price on safety, exspecially in a vehicle. I know some people like to cut corners or cheap out...not on a vehicle of any sort.

Last edited: