Mirrors stopped working after getting tint

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BigdawgR6

Reaction score
So I had to get the front right passenger window retinted after the window was damaged from debris. While there I also had the front windshield tinted as well.

Later on when I got home, I noticed the mirror didn’t tilt down when backing up. I checked the convenience settings and all seemed fine. Then I manually moved the mirror via the controls on the door. No dice. I folded the mirrors and nothing. Oddly enough, the blinker on the mirrors work. One thing I forgot to check was to see if the blind spot LED still works but will check later on.

Is there something the tint shop could have done to break this? Possibly excess water when spraying? It’s a well known shop in Houston and they say they take preventive measures to make sure liquids don’t go anywhere but it’s strange I do this today and now I have this problem.

I called the shop and the guy said he would check with the installer. While I know mistakes can happen I just want to make sure I’m not being an ass and it’s something I can check on my end such as a fuse. This certain shop has two locations and does all the tint for Teslas as they are located right next to the dealership at both locations in Houston.

It’s a ‘22 Yukon Denali. If anyone knows what fuse I should be looking for, that’ll help! Thanks folks

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So I had to get the front right passenger window retinted after the window was damaged from debris. While there I also had the front windshield tinted as well.

Later on when I got home, I noticed the mirror didn’t tilt down when backing up. I checked the convenience settings and all seemed fine. Then I manually moved the mirror via the controls on the door. No dice. I folded the mirrors and nothing. Oddly enough, the blinker on the mirrors work. One thing I forgot to check was to see if the blind spot LED still works but will check later on.

Is there something the tint shop could have done to break this? Possibly excess water when spraying? It’s a well known shop in Houston and they say they take preventive measures to make sure liquids don’t go anywhere but it’s strange I do this today and now I have this problem.

I called the shop and the guy said he would check with the installer. While I know mistakes can happen I just want to make sure I’m not being an ass and it’s something I can check on my end such as a fuse. This certain shop has two locations and does all the tint for Teslas as they are located right next to the dealership at both locations in Houston.

It’s a ‘22 Yukon Denali. If anyone knows what fuse I should be looking for, that’ll help! Thanks folks
there should be no reason window tinting would have anything to do with basic mirror operation. now if the auto-dimm no longer worked that would be different and would only be because the sensor would no longer be able to detect a certain level of light because it can't.
so it's probably just coincidence.
AND your fuses are listed in the owners manual about 3/4's of the way thru the book. if you do not have the book you can view the manual online for free

OP
OP
B

BigdawgR6

Reaction score
Okay so nothing on the door works. Going to hunt for the fuse.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Okay so nothing on the door works. Going to hunt for the fuse.
you might try and check the door harness where it connects at the hinge area, the harness clips to the outside body and another harness goes from the inside of the body to bcm
if that got pushed on or something it could maybe be loose. pull the rubber boot back and have a closer look

OP
OP
B

BigdawgR6

Reaction score
you might try and check the door harness where it connects at the hinge area, the harness clips to the outside body and another harness goes from the inside of the body to bcm
if that got pushed on or something it could maybe be loose. pull the rubber boot back and have a closer look
Would you know how to disconnect this blue and green clip? The fuse I need to access is on the back of the fuse box.

Attachments

• IMG_5335.jpeg
    IMG_5335.jpeg
    347.7 KB · Views: 8
OP
OP
B

BigdawgR6

Reaction score
Okay I’m stumped. When I took that fuse out, it acted as if the door was open when I put it in drive. Plugged it back in and that issue went away but original problem is still ongoing. Found the right door panel fuse and it was good but swapped it anyways. No luck.

Everything else looks like it’s seated fine as far as connections. I’m able to roll the window down from the driver side. Just can operate the mirror or use the controls on the door panel. Blindspot is not working as well.

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
That JCase fuse doesn't look to be blown, at least from my vantage point.

If they pulled the door panel to do the tinting they may not have reconnected the harnesses.

OP
OP
B

BigdawgR6

Reaction score
That JCase fuse doesn't look to be blown, at least from my vantage point.

If they pulled the door panel to do the tinting they may not have reconnected the harnesses.
I’m going to take it back to the dealer. The window was replaced last week and I’ll have them follow up. I use the mirror everyday since I back up when parking but today was the first day I noticed it. I’m positive I would have noticed immediately after the window was replaced but who knows at this point.

OP
OP
B

BigdawgR6

Reaction score
IMG_5338.jpegTook it to the dealer and they had to call the 3rd party window installer back out to troubleshoot. Installer says they don’t remove the panel to install the window. Is that even possible?? Installer blames it on the tint place but would fix it for $40 to reconnect a cable. At that price I could care less at this point. It’s working now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beniskickbutt

Latest posts