Model Year Differences?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Sancho

Sancho

Reaction score
Damn, why would they do that. Too many Escalade owners complaining?

soulsea

Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Probably, those asshats are always up to no good ... :)

Plus with gas prices going up and the economy tanking they probably weren't selling many.

Mighty Hd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Quite a few differences between my 08 z71 and 11 z71
Both vehicles were identical except the 11 has a sunroof and nav/rear DVD

11 trailer package gives 3.42 gears vs 3.73 in the 08. Makes a huge difference in fuel mileage and a moderate difference in acceleration.
08 in the city got 10-12mpg. The 11 gets 14-16mpg.

Seats are not as wide. They are about an inch narrower.
The door sill plates are not brushed aluminum.
The window switches mirror adjust and elbow wrest are about 1/2" more narrow

Muffler is different and sounds more powerful

The 4cyl mode is not as active. When it is active it will hang and is rather noticeable when it switches to v8.

The 2011 is a hell of a lot more quiet. More sound deadening in the doors and floor boards.

I'll think of more I'm sure

OP
OP
Sancho

Sancho

Reaction score
Probably, those asshats are always up to no good ... :)

Plus with gas prices going up and the economy tanking they probably weren't selling many.

I think in reality, isn't that about when GM became Government Motors?

In regards to the Escalade owners, are they about like the Corvette owners, bitching about the Camaro getting a little too close for comfort? J/K

Quite a few differences between my 08 z71 and 11 z71
Both vehicles were identical except the 11 has a sunroof and nav/rear DVD

11 trailer package gives 3.42 gears vs 3.73 in the 08. Makes a huge difference in fuel mileage and a moderate difference in acceleration.
08 in the city got 10-12mpg. The 11 gets 14-16mpg.

Seats are not as wide. They are about an inch narrower.
The door sill plates are not brushed aluminum.
The window switches mirror adjust and elbow wrest are about 1/2" more narrow

Muffler is different and sounds more powerful

The 4cyl mode is not as active. When it is active it will hang and is rather noticeable when it switches to v8.

The 2011 is a hell of a lot more quiet. More sound deadening in the doors and floor boards.

I'll think of more I'm sure

I would have never guessed that about the seats. Is the console any different, or just a bigger gap now with the smaller seats.

edgaranah1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Never knew the z71 had narrower seats. I would think the center console is the same a friend of mine once brought a 11 z71 to my house (not hers by the way) and everything on the inside looked pretty much the same. except for the speedometer and brushed trim.

Sent from my iPhone 4g using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Sancho

Sancho

Reaction score
I would think the console is the same, too. But it's weird they would make narrower seats- even in this down economy we're not getting any smaller.

Mighty Hd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think in reality, isn't that about when GM became Government Motors?

In regards to the Escalade owners, are they about like the Corvette owners, bitching about the Camaro getting a little too close for comfort? J/K

I would have never guessed that about the seats. Is the console any different, or just a bigger gap now with the smaller seats.

Just an ever so slightly bigger gap, but it's on the door side, not the console side.
I'm absolutely certain the seats are different. Not nearly as comfortable.

The lumbar support is also different. In the 08 you could pump up the lumbar and deflate it, you could also move (via the up and down button) the lumbar position from your lower back to the upper back.
Now it does not go as high and does not air up as much.

BUt the fuel mileage is a hell of a lot better with the 3.42's....although a lot of acceleration speed is lost..
I'm getting over 16mpg city driving using 10% ethanol gas. I filled up with real non ethanol gas at a local marina ($4.00/gal) and I've already exceeded the 16mpg.

EDIT

Also the paint on the 11's is absolute shit. I've had the front grey part replaced three times already. The paint is paper thin and scratches if you look at it.
Body shop tried to buff it friday and burnt through the paint. I tested another spot by hand and with three gentle passes using a clean microfiber and a light cut compound the paint was gone.
This will be replacement #4.
They are cheaply built...but this one does not have electrical problems like my 08 did.

Last edited:

bolo1g2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I love my 09 LT. It's the 5.3 Flex fuel, but for a v8 I do about 16.5 mpg freeway with mud tires.