Moog 81069 springs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mikebrawn1

Reaction score
Has anybody installed these springs on their Tahoe? How much lift did you get?

TheAutumnWind

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Depends on how worn out your current springs are, and which springs you have currently. Should be less than an inch in the rear.

OP
OP
M

mikebrawn1

Reaction score
I have an ltz with rear air. I know these will be a good bit stiffer just curious if anybody else has installed them.

OP
OP
M

mikebrawn1

Reaction score
I can't seem to find anything in search and nobody is responding. I ordered them anyway and also ordered a set of the monroe ma830s to replace the worn factory rear air shocks. I'll get it all together and see how I like it. I replaced the front struts with a set of the unity quick struts from ebay and it lifted the front end of my tahoe a good bit so it now looks like the rear end is loaded with junk (or atleast a full diaper). I am hoping to remedy that. It's only 3/4 of an inch difference from both wheel wells to the ground.

Reaction score
I can't seem to find anything in search and nobody is responding. I ordered them anyway and also ordered a set of the monroe ma830s to replace the worn factory rear air shocks. I'll get it all together and see how I like it. I replaced the front struts with a set of the unity quick struts from ebay and it lifted the front end of my tahoe a good bit so it now looks like the rear end is loaded with junk (or atleast a full diaper). I am hoping to remedy that. It's only 3/4 of an inch difference from both wheel wells to the ground.

Post a pic! In kinda saggy too. Will send pics tomorrow after alignment

TheAutumnWind

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Interesting that you couldn't find any info on these. They are just moog z71 replacements. Most of the guys installing z71 spring use the moog brand.

OP
OP
M

mikebrawn1

Reaction score
Well I got them installed yesterday. Not too bad of an install. I also installed the monroe ma 830s. I expected it to drive a little differently but it really feels the same. I need to lengthen the rear rods so the air will come on sooner to lift the back but I definitely like it. Will post some pics when this rain stops.

OP
OP
M

mikebrawn1

Reaction score
I haven't had a chance to get pics yet but the fender measurements are 37 1/4" front and 38" rear. I wish I had gotten measurements before but I didn't. I know the rear was 3/4" below the front before rear springs were replaced but I don't know before in front. I didn't expect the struts to lift the front so I didn't think about it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Skchord