Motor Oil brands

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CHOO CHOO

BackPagePhil
Reaction score
So I currently use mobil 1 synthetic for my oil changes, is there really that much difference if I were to switch to say royal purple or amsoil? Would I even notice a difference?

MSBlackZ

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I've always run Mobil 1 full synthic in my Mercedes and Tahoe. Royal purple and amsoil are both really good just comes down to preference. Just make sure you get a really good oil filter.

I honestly don't think you will notice a difference as long as you are routinely changing your oil. Depending on how many miles you put on, if you haven't had any problems I don't see a need to change.

Last edited:

NASTY GM

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You wont notice a difference. I have used Royal Purple since mine was brand new. I used RP in my other cars, so I just stayed with it. Mobil 1 is a quality product.

Parthery

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I ran Mobil 1 in my '06 for 158K miles and it never burned a drop. Changed it every 6K or so.

As soon as my free oil changes with GM run out, I'll be switching the new Denali to Mobil1, as well.

OP
OP
CHOO CHOO

CHOO CHOO

BackPagePhil
Reaction score
Sweet, thanks people, seems like i'll just stick w/ mobil1. I do burn a bit off, but no big deal. Probably only a quart every 4-5k miles.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2