MPG improvements

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Stresst

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not trying to bust on you, but 2mpg is about a 15% improvement...not sure how replacing a fan can make your entire rig 15% more fuel efficient.

I also have an efan and even though it's a cool mod, I think it's vastly overrated for our rigs...sorry don't mean to be a downer, I just see this a lot and haven't seen hard data to back it up.

You havent seen hard data to prove that (2mpg) cause there is none. I dont think you can even gain 1/2mpg with Efans on these trucks. My buddy used to dyno his escalade all the time and all he gained was 4hp and 7lb torque. He didnt see any mpg gain.

Stresst

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Stresst, with those dozen extra fan boosters and multiple evaps it is probably just sucking more gas.:)

Exactly and what I did was I removed my rear window and replaced it with a sheet of 1" plywood then I cut a square hole for a 30,000 btu home a/c unit, then I got a 7K Honda generator with a whipple charger strapped to the roof with a -10 braided fuel line with an inline holly pump.

So now between the weight of the a/c unit & generator its making my mileage suffer nevermind the generator burns 4 gallons per hour.

But overall im happy with the mileage! LMAO

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
make yourself one of these.
100_1514_std.jpg

---------- Post added at 07:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:13 PM ----------

Put a Concorde nose fairing on it to.

OP
OP
X

XxBIGxTEXxX

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So the lift is more for looks but as well to go play in the mud every once in a while.. and after yall talk about efans and now that i look at it, they real dont help much.. My dad has a 07 hoe and its funny how his waste more gas and burns it quicker than my truck and he hast that flex fuel dumb shit that dont work.. hahaha And what is that line yall are talking about?

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
I have a msd coil waiting to go on when the engine goes back together. Hopefully in 7 days. Or were you referring to the liquid sprayer idea? I still think they fans are worth it. Its mileage gain is just debatable.

OP
OP
X

XxBIGxTEXxX

Full Access Member
Reaction score
coil and that liquid? now, could the base and cove of an 07 work on a 99 tahoe?