Mud Tires?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

992doortahoe

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
My buddy is lookin for a good set of mud tires and he doesnt know what to get because its his daily driver to??

LaxinFish29

Reaction score
Toyo, BFGs, Nittos and Mickey Thompson's are the most popular but you will get all sorts of answers.

Tires are a very personal preference. I personally like Nitto Trail Grapplers but the next 4 people will vary.

Learning to drive in the snow, mud, etc. Is much more important than the tire you have as the good tires are all in the same ballpark. This is why you will never get a definite answer.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

bowtiefreak

No Quarter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
mud tires on a daily not a great idea due to wear and noise. Since my guess is he is after the look, buy the coolest looking one in his price range. The ones mentioned above are the more popular items sold.

jdpber

GOLD MEMBER
Supporting Member
Reaction score
your not going to get any MUD tire with long miles.. as it is a softer compound and wears out much faster than an AT..

PM me his specs and ill see what i can get for him and what i can do to help

metalemt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The trail grapplers are my next choice. But I got about 60,000 miles out of some Goodyear MTRs. Currently I'm running some general grabber red letters and they're a bit heavy for my liking they have great grip on and off road just kill braking and acceleration

Donnie Yukonie

Yates Caretaker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Firestone MTs allday everyday . if they made them in a 35 i would get them but they dont:Boo:

RedCrush

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For Daily driving I recommend an all terrain. ProComp makes and Extreme All Terrain that looks pretty agressive and you'll get 50K out of them easily and still be able to tow heavy loads.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
conquer1