Mud Tires?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP

992doortahoe

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thanks that really helps lol but what do y'all think about the Mickey Thompson mtzs

19Yukon97

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have some falken rockey mountain AT. (same thing as the falken wild peak). My next tire will either be the goodyear duratracs or the cooper discover stt. If its a daily driver might not be a good idea for MT tires, unless hes got money laying around for tires ever30k-50k miles. Also what everyone else has said. Its personal preference.

98 2-DOOR

Reaction score
Interco Tire (super swamper brand) is in my backyard. I have had Thornbirds, TSL-SX (on my rig currently), TSL, Boggers, and the SSR Radials. I love super swampers, but i must say the Thronbirds are the worst for everything, they just look cool. In my opinion, the best all around MT is the Toyo Open Country's...I have had them as well, low noise, low wear, great off road. Personally, I just prefer a nasty looking tire with a nasty ride and that make a lot of noise - those are all qualities of a good off road tire :)

felixgun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A lot of people have said the toyo open country MT gets 50-60k easily. That's why I got em as I drive a lot.

_Dylan_

STAY FROSTY
Reaction score
A lot of people have said the toyo open country MT gets 50-60k easily. That's why I got em as I drive a lot.

These are one of the best tires you can buy. Great offroad, good load capacity, and last a long time. They are expensive, but you get what you pay for.

The best mud tire is a set of interco boggers, hands down. But they only last 15k miles if you're lucky and they are expensive. A good substitute is the interco LTBs. They are cheaper than the boggers and almost as good in the mud. The tread pattern is better than the boggers for other types of terrain. Again, only a 15k mile tire at best.

BFG KM2 and Goodyear MTR Kevlars are average priced mud tires and are good off road. They will last a longer 40k+ miles.

Would be nice to know what size you need, and if you value off road performance, on road performance, tire mileage, or cost the most.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ne44035