Mud Tires?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LaxinFish29

Reaction score
mud tires on a daily not a great idea due to wear and noise. Since my guess is he is after the look, buy the coolest looking one in his price range. The ones mentioned above are the more popular items sold.

My fault, I've been digging holes for my deck all day and only read aggressive and daily driver.

This is correct, he should go with an AT unless he has funny money. A true mud tire won't make it 30k miles, for the most part anyway.

My favorites in order from experience based on noise, wear, longevity and clearing themselves are:

Nitto Trail Grapplers
Pro Comp Extreme AT
BFG ATKOs

Like I said and you have seen, the only real answer is what you or he likes. Everyone has their preference and you can't tell them otherwise, including myself. :ehcapt:

992door

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have heard good things about them. I am running the BFG KM2 I will probably get 35-40k miles out of them. If i would have rotated like I should I could probably get a lot more.

TAHOETIM

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
My experience -

Had Buckshot Mudders on a truck for about 40,000 great offroad but after a long trip on an interstate was a little annoying. BTW 40,000 miles and they were almost slicks.

Had Mastercraft Courser CT's and really liked the ride and not to much noise and aggressive off road. For the price if you can find them in your size MasterCraft is great.

Last Truck had BFG All terrains - Can't go wrong highway or off road. Expensive, but worth it.

Trippers99hoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I put a set of TOYO Open country A/T 's on my tahoe they seem very good so far,easily balanced ,look fairly aggressive and ride quiet on the road......

OP
OP

992doortahoe

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Does any body have thornbirds I've heard so much about them i heard they suck in mud I've hard the wear out to quick but i also have heard that they are pretty good in the mud

_Dylan_

STAY FROSTY
Reaction score
Does any body have thornbirds I've heard so much about them i heard they suck in mud I've hard the wear out to quick but i also have heard that they are pretty good in the mud

They are quite possibly the worst mud tire ever.:rofl:

What size tire do you need and what is the budget? These are very important variables.

foreverfalcon40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Get yourself a set of Falken Wildpeak A/T...go to discount tire print out your ad. Take yourself to a local Sears and get them Price match policy for the best deal ever!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
conquer1