Muffler recommendation

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mike1980B

Reaction score
ok guys, Im seriously considering sawing the stock muffler out from under my Tahoe. Due to financial reasons a cat-back is out of the question. I want something fairly aggressive sounding, but without attracting the attention of the noise police. With minimal to moderate drone. I have had Flowmaster Super 40's on other vehicles in the past. Love the sound. But maybe its time for a change. So if you guys can give me some ideas on sizes, makes, models, and part #'s would be awesome thanks.

mmeachem

Reaction score
I have a Flowmaster Original 40 and it's loud with no popping or being raspy

The Part Number is 43041

HiMileage

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have Magnaflow welded in place of stock & 4" tip. Love the sound. Not too harsh, but it sounds deeper than stock. Nice growl at start-up, deep, mellow tone at idle. Sounds tough on acceleration, but don't hear much at cruising speeds. Sorry, can't get you a sound clip. Muffler 12590 and welded tip 35116. Easy install.

fire730

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sub'd

Thinking about doing the same on my 04.

Im really thinking about trying out the Dynomax VT. they seemed problematic at first but it seems they have fixed the flaws in the newer models.

OP
OP
Mike1980B

Mike1980B

Reaction score
when you guys replaced your mufflers, what style was it? center in/out ,offset in/out, or any combination of those? so i know what to order. thanks guys

M Hankel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
when you guys replaced your mufflers, what style was it? center in/out ,offset in/out, or any combination of those? so i know what to order. thanks guys

I'm also curious about this. Been thinking about a new exhaust for some time now.

Mike

---------- Post added at 05:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:50 PM ----------

I have a Flowmaster Original 40 and it's loud with no popping or being raspy

The Part Number is 43041

I don't know if I've ever heard a 40 series. Is that the louder model or the quieter version?

Mike

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SBRKPRO