Must haves

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

KMeloney

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First things I did when our Duramax Denali was new and can’t imagine the truck without them now:
1. Clear LED side marker lights. Or dark if you prefer, just get rid of the orange.
2. Black GMC emblems front and rear
3. Auto-stop Eliminator
3. Ceramic tint all around including windshield (which is imperceptible at 80% light pass-through but massively cuts down on summer heat)
4. Weathertech mud guards
5. Tux Mats in all 3 rows

I think I might be the only one here that likes the red GMC logo(s) on my black truck. My factory black wheels have center caps with red GMC logos, so keeping the grill emblem red on my truck just made sense to me.

...but I DID swap in a [red] ILLUMINATED emblem, and it's awesome. I recommend that if you do swap the grill emblem, you swap it with an illuminated one. (Or don't -- and my truck will just remain that much more unique. lol)

Oh -- and tinting the front windows is the very first thing I did. That's a must.

Antonm

Reaction score
I would add a catch can of some sort to the must haves list.

These are direct injection engines, as such the oil mist in the PCV system ends up glued to the back of the intake valves in short order. A catch can helps remove the oil mist from the PCV gases.

Last edited:
OP
OP
G

GGYUKON88

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
First things I did when our Duramax Denali was new and can’t imagine the truck without them now:
1. Clear LED side marker lights. Or dark if you prefer, just get rid of the orange.
2. Black GMC emblems front and rear
3. Auto-stop Eliminator
3. Ceramic tint all around including windshield (which is imperceptible at 80% light pass-through but massively cuts down on summer heat)
4. Weathertech mud guards
5. Tux Mats in all 3 rows
Thank you for the feedback!

OP
OP
G

GGYUKON88

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I would add a catch can of some sort to the must haves list.

These are direct injection engines, as such the oil mist in the PCV system ends up glued to the back of the intake valves in short order. A catch can helps remove the oil from the oil mist from the PCV gases.
will look into this thank you for the feedback

23SummitDenali

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
appreciate it. your rig looks clean! is there a certain brand auto eliminator to go with?
This is the one I purchased, and I believe most others on this forum who’ve done it also bought the same:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Discosuperfly