My 96 2dr (long sorry)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
ROTNHOE

ROTNHOE

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
That's a pretty looking 2-door. Of course, take it back to the shop, they didn't finish the job, if the monkey who did the alignment job doesn't want to do, call for the manager. When I went to school for my ASE certs, it was called the "fifth wheel alignment" as the steering wheel is the "fifth wheel"

They're not done.

Thanks for all the compliments. After some of these mods and general TLC ,this thing is starting to really grow on me. Even with having some pretty descent suvs/trucks in the past: 05 4wd quad cab dodge cummins(many mods);lifted cherokee;lifted liberty;ramchargers. With the Tahoe I dont have a $650/mth payment. Will take your advice nojeeps and call shop tomorrow. I thought it would b as simple as SFA vehicle and just adjust the drag link,guess thats not the case here.

---------- Post added at 03:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:23 PM ----------

nice looking truck man. very clean. If you dont mind, what did you pay for her?

Paid $4000. Certainly didnt steal it,but dont feel I got ripped off. I'm 3rd owner. 2nd owner bought it with 18k on the clock. Never had a hitch on it (that I can tell). Very clean underneath. Frame has no heavy rust,light oxidation. Has few dings that need dealt with. Wouldnt hurt to replace windshield.All in all pretty solid truck

---------- Post added at 03:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:31 PM ----------

Is that Black Cherry ????

Yes ,I guess thats what they called Black cherry met.

---------- Post added at 03:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:34 PM ----------

wipers are an easy fix with a soldering iron. I was scared to do mine, but figured worse case scenario I have to replace the part that is already broken. Followed directions found on the web, have worked great since.

Yes I read/researched a bit on this and I'm gonna give it a shot. Also read behind the circuit board theres contacts or something that need relubed(dielectric grease). supposedly this takes care of the squeeking?????. 1AAuto has a youtube video on wiper arm replacement.

AtomicHoe094

Atomichoe094
Reaction score
4grand? thats a hell of a deal if you ask me, im sure a lot of others will agree for that clean of a 2 door.

Honestly a 2 door around here with less the 150000 miles on it well go for around 6 to 8 grand.... to me you stole that! lol congrats

OP
OP
ROTNHOE

ROTNHOE

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
yeah shop will have to fix the wheel. your not alone on it, mines not centered all the way either. (thanks 4wheelparts!)

Most of the time it seems off centered .(Closer to 10 and 4) Other times ,depending on crown in the road, it seems alright. I'll call the align. shop run it by them. Must say 96 ProComp thats one tuff lookin rig. Get rid of some bills, someday maybe you'll have a twin:happy160:

96ProCompTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Most of the time it seems off centered .(Closer to 10 and 4) Other times ,depending on crown in the road, it seems alright. I'll call the align. shop run it by them. Must say 96 ProComp thats one tuff lookin rig. Get rid of some bills, someday maybe you'll have a twin:happy160:

thanks! and that would be awesome!

foreverfalcon40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
SEARS FOR ALIGNMENTS!

74.99 plus tax and you get 6month/6k mile warranty!

Feb 13th is Fam and Friends day in NY so 10 percent off all work orders!

If you have a business OPEN up a FREE Commercial account and alignments are 44.50!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dhrusso925