My Truck forgets who I am

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

erock198

Full Access Member
Reaction score
03 yukn XL Denali. Occasionally when I put the key in and start it, I get unknown driver and have to disconnect and reconnect the battery to fix the problem.

Or,

The traction control and the security lights are on and I need to restart to get them off.

I recently had the truck inspected and they told me the battery was too low to communicate with the DMZV. It seemed to start ok but I let them change it because I thought these problems would go away.

Around the time f t he inspection, the oil pressure gauge started to jump around and go from low to high and so on, with the notification the pressure was low. I'm hoping it's just coincidence and am having the OPS replaced.

Could it be anything else? The truck has 124k on it.

Thanks

Erik

LaYukon

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hey erock198, did you ever figure out the problem. I am having the exact same issue with my wifes 2004 Tahoe but it will not reset with a battery disconnect.

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sounds like it could be an alternator issue. When your alternator starts to go bad it can cause strange electrical issues like this.

OP
OP
erock198

erock198

Full Access Member
Reaction score
New Alternator. Still getting the problem and disconnecting the battery still works to fix it. I'm curious if it is my ECM going bad.
I try the key both ways and know when it doesn't work when there is no beep when I put the key in.

I do have a viper 5901 with remote start and smart start. I would think it be more frequent if it was the viper. Also have cig blue bluetooh and a PS2 in the back but It has been happening long before that

Vette66

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had kind of the same issue with the dash light and oil pressure gauge. Replaced the battery problem went a away for a couple days, then airbag light and battery light came on. I checked alt it was ok. I decided to clean all the terminals. Found my terminals had some corrosion and ended up replacing the negative terminal. Seems like the corrosion was underneath the insulation of the cable it was weird. No problem since...

OP
OP
erock198

erock198

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Last time it happened to me was just after I had the neg terminal bolt replaced because it was loose

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MRBJU52

Latest posts