Navigation Search Area Keeps Resetting

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jrich14

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have a 2007 LTZ Tahoe with the Factory Navigation/Bose/Rear Camera/DVD System.

Navigation Brain Keeps resetting itself.

I have been having a very frequent problem lately. At least every other day - the search area keeps resetting itself to the North East. Also at the same all of my previous destinations will be forgot as well as the address book is wiped out. And just recently since the daylight savings time has changed, I now have the clock keep resetting its time back to the old time (exactly 1hr off).

What I find the strangest is that the clock goes back to the old time, not 12:00am. Also my radio presets have never been affected or reset.

I have searched this forum and others and can not seem to find any solution or people with similair problems. Can someone please help me solve this, it is driving me crazy.

Thanks for any help,

Jay

PlazaEJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Depending on the model NAV/RADIO you have, it may be necessary to reload or update the software. Do you have a Navigation CD?

GM Customer Service

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a 2007 LTZ Tahoe with the Factory Navigation/Bose/Rear Camera/DVD System.

Navigation Brain Keeps resetting itself.

I have been having a very frequent problem lately. At least every other day - the search area keeps resetting itself to the North East. Also at the same all of my previous destinations will be forgot as well as the address book is wiped out. And just recently since the daylight savings time has changed, I now have the clock keep resetting its time back to the old time (exactly 1hr off).

What I find the strangest is that the clock goes back to the old time, not 12:00am. Also my radio presets have never been affected or reset.

I have searched this forum and others and can not seem to find any solution or people with similair problems. Can someone please help me solve this, it is driving me crazy.

Thanks for any help,

Jay

jrich14,

I'm sorry you are experiencing this issue with your navigation. This issue may be due to a needed navigation calibration. This is just a suggestion, not a diagnosis.

I recommend consulting with a certified technician for an official diagnosis after inspection.

Please keep us posted.

Feel free to PM me if you need additional assistance.

Louis
GM Customer Service

OP
OP
J

jrich14

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have reloaded the software. It did this with the old DVD also so its not that. The problem was originally only once a month or so. Now its much more frequent.

I'm not sure what they do to callibrate the GPS. I have never had a problem with the location on the map. It always shows me as right where I am. It mainly resets my search area (part of the country), my address book, clock, and previous destinations.

Does anyone know if there is some sort of master reset for the unit?

Thanks,

Jay

mcgoo

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Same Problem!!

Hello -
I am having the same problem with my 2008 Yukon Denali. How did you get your problem resolved? This happens to me every time I turn off the car. Any help will be appreciated.

GM Customer Service

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello mcgoo,

I understand that you are experiencing an issue with your navigation in your vehicle. I might not be able to provide you any technical advice but I would be happy to look into this concern for you. Please private message me if I can be of any assistance.

Jennifer T.
GM Customer Care

OP
OP
J

jrich14

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
No. I have still not resolved the issue. I searched forever to find how to fix this, but apparently very few people have this problem. It has to be a ground wire or power wire connection somewhere. The strange part is that the radio station presets are not affected. Please post if you find a solution. I gave up my search awhile back.

RHWUSMC0302

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Nav issues

2008 GMC Yukon Denali XL with same navigation issues. Resets location to DC (i live in FL), changes time back one hour and shows caution screen on almost every start. Any info would be great.

thanks. Rich

08grey

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This happened to me In another vehicle. The nav antenna plug wire was not making a good connection inside the fakra plug. From the outside it looked great. Check the blue nav antenna plug and if you can get any random one plug it in and see if it makes difference.

ShaneD

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Has anyone been able to resolve this issue? I have the same problem on my 2008 Yukon Denali. I don't use the nav much, but the clock setting back one hour is pretty annoying. It does that after every power off. I just took it to my local dealer and they told me that the radio has 11 error codes stored and must be replaced at a cost of $1300 or so. I asked them to reprogram the radio with the latest software and they told me that they can not reprogram it with the error codes present.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDBTahoe

Latest posts