Navigation

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jeffbrown65

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
The GPS location for my navigation on the screen in my yukon seems to be off. Is there some way to recalibrate it or do I have to take it to a dealer for that?

OklabyGodhoma

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can you explain a little deeper by what you mean by "off"? Is it a few feet, miles or the next state? Does it remain "off" the whole time you are driving or does it ever catch up?

OP
OP
J

jeffbrown65

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Can you explain a little deeper by what you mean by "off"? Is it a few feet, miles or the next state? Does it remain "off" the whole time you are driving or does it ever catch up?
yeah lea, sorry bout that. it is off about 1-2 miles. it just starting acting up this past week. i read where the dealer can recalibrate the gps, but i was wondering if it is something that can be done without them.

---------- Post added at 03:27 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:09 AM ----------

and it stays off the whole time.

OklabyGodhoma

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks.....since it appears to be a constant then I'm afraid the dealership is your only option.

There might be one thing you can try......find a large parking lot and sit there. Start by pointing as directly due north as possible and wait at least 5 minutes with the engine running. Then drive to another area in the lot and point due west again for at least 5 minutes with the engine running. During this time do not touch the screen or try to make any adjustments. After the second direction take note as to any changes. If the location is still off drag the screen with your finger to indicate as closely as possible your exact location and mark it as a POI. Now drive away from the lot and stop. Set your system to guide you back to the location you marked as that POI and drive to it. Note if your system is now closer to your actual location while enroute. Follow the directions and see where it takes you and if the GPS is more on target. If you end up back at the location you marked then that is good. If you end up someplace else take note of that location. This exercise will either help the computer to "find itself" or will give you valuable information to share with the dealership. To save you money I hope its the first one.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peter52g

Latest posts