Need a 5.3 fixed or swapped in West Central Indiana (07)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BobM

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
My '07 was DOD/AFM deleted by a tune 140k ago. Now it seems the lifters failed anyways. I've had a heart attack (and I'm hella old) and I need someone GOOD to either do a delete kit or just swap engines (The hoe has 260k on it, so maybe the engine?). Anyone got a good 5.3 they wanna part with?
Oh, and did I mention how poor I am?

petethepug

Michael
Reaction score
Here’s your lucky break … L96 + 07 Tahoe = :love62:

The gas workhorse 380hp (4200 rpm)/ 380 tq 6.0L from GM’s 2500 & 3500 3/4 & 1T trucks. Iron block / aluminum heads. It’s a factory Non AFM regular gas /e85 motor that sounds as good as a 6.2L.

It’s a plug and play motor that will only need to have you buy a hypertuners flash to turn off the AFM in your current vehicle. Runs off all the same ECU, TCU & BCM as your current truck.

The 5.3L currently has 355 hp(5600rpm)/ 383 tq(4100rpm) aluminum head & block. The L96 will pair perfectly with the trucks 4SP and increase the value equal to the cost of dropping in the motor. Buh bye AFM.

OP
OP
B

BobM

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I already have the DOD/AFM tuned out. What year trucks can I get an engine out of?

petethepug

Michael
Reaction score
The model, years, hp / tq & spec base per vehicle they’re plucked from are in the attachment above. Click on the specifications link and scroll down.

Keep in mind the L96 motors are the same but each tune is different. There may be some differences on cams, TB, injectors or other stuff between the lower & higher hp motors.

Try and get the highest hp motor you can and make sure the VIN from the motor you buy matches what you want.

Enjoy the budget motor swap / upgrade.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Wbill99hoe