need escalade gauge info!?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dub02gpgt

dub
Reaction score
Hello All!

I'm now the proud owner of a denali/escalade gauge cluster for my 99 obs tahoe. i need to know how to safely remove all things in the way of the odometer, so i can clean it up and switch out the odometer from my old cluster. My main concern is how to safely remove the needles, as i tried pushing and pulling without any luck and i'm afraid to break the damn thing. Suggestions, or a previous thread or w/e would be greatly appreciated!

OP
OP
D

dub02gpgt

dub
Reaction score
either you're not understanding what i want or your just breaking my balls. i bought the escalade cluster, and i need to put my odometer inside the escalade cluster to keep my mileage accurate. As fas as i know, which is why i'm asking, i need to remove everything from the front including the needles to get that accomplished. i found a post along these lines, but with no technical info and a possible how-to in the works. I've checked the how to section, no luck.....

black95

Full Access Member
Reaction score
mark where the needles sit with the truck at idle at a warmed up condition, take note of how long so you can put them back in place accurately. just use a kitchen fork as use steady pressure should pull right up, i have done this twice

AtomicHoe094

Atomichoe094
Reaction score
when i bought my escalade cluster i never touched the needles, it can throw off the readings pretty drastically if you misplace them. all i did was change out the mileage numbers by 2 torx bolts on the back and that was it. so its 100%accurate mileage and 100% gauge accurate

steamroller

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This should help, it's not my writeup, credit goes to Hodges87 on FSC

I bought a OBS Escalade cluster for my truck and couldn't find much info or pictures on how to disassemble a cluster and use your original odometer. So I wrote this guide. Hope it helps!

95-98 OBS Gauge Cluster Disassembly & Odometer Removal

Step 1: Remove cluster from vehicle
Cluster(2).jpg

Step 2: To remove the clear plastic cover pry and push in these 3 black plastic tabs
Cluster(10).jpg
Cluster(6).jpg

Step 3: Turn the cluster over and VERY CAREFULLY pry the tab and push in the circuit board till it’s past the tab.
Cluster(4).jpg

Next, take a small screw driver and pry here slowly and the front of the cluster will start to come out of the housing. Remember, be patient and take your time, you don’t have to pry hard for it to come out, if it doesn’t want to come out check the tabs in the above photo.
Cluster(11).jpg
Cluster(3).jpg

Cluster.jpg

Cluster(18).jpg

Odometer Removal: The odometer is located here. To remove the odometer unscrew the (2) T-15 Torx screws and unplug the connector going to the cluster (Be careful it has a retaining tab, move the odometer for better access to the connector).

Cluster(9).jpg
Cluster(12).jpg

Tankball

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Will someone post a picture of the Denali/Escalade cluster...I want to see what they look like!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dhrusso925