Need help deceiding on MagnaFlow or Flowmaster!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

edgaranah1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You can get different grades of both Magnaflows and Flowmasters so when comparing make sure you're comparing two of the like "grades". I've had Flowmasters for years and just recently went with a Magnaflow for the first time on the wife's burb. I like the sound of both to be honest with you. My '77 has 2 40 series flowmasters on it (and I've had 40 series on 3 other trucks in the past) and just LOVE the rumble and tone that comes with it. With that said, be prepared to have "drone" throughout the cabin of the vehicle. Personally, I like that and it's just part of it but some people don't. You'll run into the same thing with a loud enough Magnaflow, though.

So 07 burb how are u liking the magna on the burb. Im looking into getting one but I dont want it loud. My job is 55 miles one way and I dont think I will like it very much. I just want it to sound a little better than stock

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So 07 burb how are u liking the magna on the burb. Im looking into getting one but I dont want it loud. My job is 55 miles one way and I dont think I will like it very much. I just want it to sound a little better than stock

As of now I just have the magnaflow with the resonator still there. We just took it on a 1000 mile round trip and it was great. You could hear it when you got on it but was fairly quiet while cruising down the highway. Tonight I'm taking off the resonator and putting SLP tips in it's place. I expectit to sound even better :waytogo:

19Yukon97

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a 14 inch case length magnaflow muffler. dual in dual out. cant remember alll about it... personally i like my flowmaster so much better! like im in love with my flowmaster and i honestly think i will ever buy a magnaflow ever agian. My magnaflow had a really bad interior resonance. my flow doesnt have as bad. it was quite at idle but when you got on it or stood around 2000rpm it was loud as hell! Personally i think that it might be the same loudness as a single super 40. not true duals.

OP
OP
97GT

97GT

Reaction score
Thnx for the opinions guys it's helps on making a decision. I will probably stick with flows and go with 40 series. But should I go with true duals or stay with a single muffler two in two out?

19Yukon97

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a dual in dual out 50 series on mine. i was going to do true duals... but i changed my mind and me and my dad are going to build a motor forthe yukon and then im going to build a 3 inch exhaust from the collectors of some longtube headers. prolly going to go with alittle louder 50 series delta flow muffler. its going to be a single out the side like stock position, with a 4 or 5 inch tip. hope it sounds mean!

992door

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a dual in dual out 50 series on mine. i was going to do true duals... but i changed my mind and me and my dad are going to build a motor forthe yukon and then im going to build a 3 inch exhaust from the collectors of some longtube headers. prolly going to go with alittle louder 50 series delta flow muffler. its going to be a single out the side like stock position, with a 4 or 5 inch tip. hope it sounds mean!

I think a single 4" is perfect that is what i have

sopethree

Reaction score
i just had the new magnaflow strait thru's put on my truck. true duals. it sounds amazing. i also got black chrome exhaust tips. i had never seen them before, they look awsome and sound even better.

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
got pics of the black chrome tips?

felixgun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've had flowmaster dumped/turned down on my nbs and Magnaflow with resonator delete/tips on my nnbs.

Magnaflow FTW.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
T2003