Need help picking ATF for 2013 Yukon XL 1500 SLT

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

donjetman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's a fancy multi disk in the vid, factory converters have just a single sided lockup clutch friction.
That's what I have in my image.
The rest of the converter has more, looking like that converter for the most part.
0:00 to 4:10 in the video is about a stock single 4L60 torque converter.
at 2:50 in the video he talks about the single clutch surface.

The second converter he talks about is a triple for a dodge diesel truck

Just Fishing

Can't fix stupid
Reaction score
all good, I was supprised it's like a cross hash looking material, with like no wear on it and it's on the other side from the one in the video. now that could just be tranny designs.

interesting stuff. I've not seen before.

supposed to be a carbon fiber or something along those lines.
Long life for the amount of slip the design allows for.

KC 2013 Tahoe

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Here's a good article regarding the time-bomb JMBX torque converters (TC) GM put in all our vehicles with the 6L80 Trans:

The TC in our '13 Tahoe (w/5.3 Flex) shredded itself through the transmission at ~120K miles two years ago. A good $5500 to have it rebuilt, complete with a better Sonnax TC. It's my wife's daily driver, so don't need any monster TC.

Had never heard of this problem until I researched it. It surely looks like most any 6L80/90 equipped GM vehicle with more than 100K and the original converter should have the TC replaced to prevent an otherwise good transmission from being destroyed.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bcope

Latest posts