Replace rear air ride shocks with standard shocks

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Big Mama

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Several of us have gone the passive route only to later go back to original style shocks due to poor ride. Others saw no difference in ride quality.

Your rig was designed as a whole to perform and keep you and your passengers safe.

If you decide to change them all you need is passive shocks that come with resistors that fool the computer. If cost is the reason for the switch look at Arnott refurbished with lifetime warranty.

I don’t know if 2017 and 07-14 are the same. If so I have a passive set with resistors I’ll let go cheap. They have about 3000 miles on them before I switched back.

Thrust

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How to replace air ride with conventional shocks in rear 2017 Tahoe. Stabilitrak message?
Get a set of passive Arnotts with the resistors built in or get xingeering plug in resistors if you want to go that route.
You are safe either way. K2s were built with regular and magnaride shocks.
My advice do some research on this forum for what people have gone with and what works.

imadreamer1226

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Several of us have gone the passive route only to later go back to original style shocks due to poor ride. Others saw no difference in ride quality.

Your rig was designed as a whole to perform and keep you and your passengers safe.

If you decide to change them all you need is passive shocks that come with resistors that fool the computer. If cost is the reason for the switch look at Arnott refurbished with lifetime warranty.

I don’t know if 2017 and 07-14 are the same. If so I have a passive set with resistors I’ll let go cheap. They have about 3000 miles on them before I switched back.

Any chance you have a link for the Arnott Refurb w/ warranty? I am one of those that switched the belltechs and the rear ride is worse than my worn out stock air ride.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bripage

Latest posts