Need help w/battery

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Stresst

Full Access Member
Reaction score
From what I come with is my truck has Group 48 battery but can I put a bigger one in without any modification? If so what group size?

Goodinblack

I Like Tacos
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Generally people don't buy physically bigger batteries...... just ones with the most CCA

OP
OP
S

Stresst

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Generally people don't buy physically bigger batteries...... just ones with the most CCA

I gotcha but I read somewhere that 24F batteries have more CCA's then the largest 48's?? IDK.

So back to your statement which manufacturer has the most CCA's in a 48? I am a big fan of Die Hard Golds but see they only have 730CCA so this is why I was looking for something else.

HOE-N-IT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think you will have a hard time making another size battery fit especially with the width and the type of battery hold down GM uses on these trucks.

I added the second battery to the spare tray and the GM cables used in the police Tahoe with the dual battery option. I used 2 Diehard Advanced Gold batteries (made by East Penn Mfg. a.k.a. Deka). Lots of CCA's and reserve.:gr_grin:

doubletapdrew

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The stock battery CCAs is pitiful (like 530 or something). When the battery in my 07 denali went toes up I put in a delco 78DT7YR (dual terminals, like 750cca or something) which is usually what the duramax rigs use. It slipped right in, no modification necessary. If you want an interstate I'm sure you can find a cross reference chart from the delco part number.

NASTY GM

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The stock battery is a joke! I swapped it out with a Optima Yellow top :beer: