Need MAJOR help with air ride 01 Denali

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CarlosDorado89

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
So my 2001 Denali air ride system is blown out and do not want air ride. so now my rear end sags LOW so i bought regular shocks for a yukon at auto zone i installed them today on my Denali and its still sagging the same. What am i doing wrong?

Do i need to replace my Denali springs with different ones from a tahoe/yukon?
PLEASE help thank you guys.

popo8

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a friend with a hummer h2... And his air bag leveling system failed...... To get him back on trAck we installed the spring coversion kit...it was like 1700 bucks iirc.

Shocks control damper and rebound.... Not ride height....

Larry (Popo8) Co-owner
LTXtech.com

NORCAL SS

SUV SUSPENSION GURU
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
carlos how much lower is the rear than front?

OP
OP
C

CarlosDorado89

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Well I'm guessing about an inch lower in the back than front it looks bad looking at it from the back. And when I hit bumps I hear it bottom out a loud clunk basically no cushion at all and when driving if I hit cracks or go over rough spots the rear rocks left to right.. If I replace the coil springs and put the ones from a tahoe/yukon will that return it to a stock height?? I'm thinking maybe the ones I have or smaller since its a denali with air ride or since the air ride has been out for a while that the springs are worn and sagging my denali has 170K I appreciate the help. I can't afford $1700 conversion kit my thought is cant you remove the air ride shocks and put regular shocks and tahoe yukon coil springs and that will return you to stock height. I don't care for the air ride or electronic dampening

Rivieraracing

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've heard of guys replacing the denali springs with the Z71 ones when switching from air shocks to regular ones to eliminate the sagging, might wanna look into that!!

OP
OP
C

CarlosDorado89

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Well auto zone and advance etc sell 2 types of springs for 2001 tahoe/yukon they sell standard duty and heavy duty for the same price but two different part numbers. I'm going to buy heavy duty what do u guys think?
Hopefully just putting these 2 coil springs and Regular shocks brings me back to stock height right now with stock wheels I can only put 4 fingers from top of tire till I touch fender..
So basically are springs what determines ride height? Or is there a possibility I add brand new springs and brand new shocks and still be that low?

NORCAL SS

SUV SUSPENSION GURU
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
i have 1 inch rear spacers if your interested 45 shipped to your door. Would lift the rear up 1 inch

OP
OP
C

CarlosDorado89

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thanks for offering guys but I purchased 2 moog standard duty springs from advanced auto parts website for 60 bucks they had a coupon code online spend 110 bucks get 40 off and free shipping plus I got an $25 acdelco evap purge solenoid I picked that up there because I get code P0446 check engine soon light once I put this part in I'm expecting it to turn off but I disconnected negative when I put that in today I turned it on and the check engine light was still on not sure if it cleared the code I only removed the negative cable for about 3 hours .. I also cleaned the evap vent solenoid with throttle body cleaner

OP
OP
C

CarlosDorado89

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hey guys just an update my mechanic installed the springs and shocks and its back to normal now I don't have to deal with that air ride crap I mean its not crap it's just so expensive to fix... Also my mechanic raised the front a bit the torsion bars but he couldn't raise it exactly back to normal he said they seized up and he didn't want to risk breaking the bolt but yes basically I'm back to normal now loving my Denali again thank you guys for the help.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
geneblakeney