Need new spark plugs...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Scarpin16

Reaction score
So its that time for me to get new spark plugs and I was hopin to get some advice on what to buy, tips on install and anything else that could be of help.

Thanks everyone!!

-Steven

gdddup

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ac delco 41-110. pretty straight forward on install. make sure you have something to stand on, ratchet extension, 2 swivel joints

taylorjm

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Get new wires too. I'm glad I did. At least half of mine ended up getting destroyed trying to remove them from the plugs. It was much easier to just grab them with channel locks and rip them off the plugs.

trublew

Full Access Member
Reaction score
so 41-110's but how about what to gap them at...

sparg93

Expedition Tahoe
Reaction score
are you JUST doing new plugs? Any reason you're not doing a full tune up (i.e. cap, rotor, wires, filters)?

OP
OP
S

Scarpin16

Reaction score
are you JUST doing new plugs? Any reason you're not doing a full tune up (i.e. cap, rotor, wires, filters)?

I planned on doing the wires along with the plugs. I'm not entirely sure what you are meaning by tune but I am going to be getting both a CAI and exhaust in the near future.

I honestly am not sure exactly on what you mean as cap and rotor...? Sorry, I'm a bit of a newb. :/

gdddup

Full Access Member
Reaction score
youll be good with plugs n wires. the 4.8 5.3 6.0 dont have cap n rotor. just plugs wires n coils
if you did wanna take it a step further change the fuel filter, pcv, n clean the mass air flow sensor

ROV Hawk

Reaction score
at autozone get MAF sensor cleaner....DO NOT USE contact cleaner...its 3.99 for a can of MAF cleaner and it will save you from ruining the sensor and then pulling the check book out to get a new one...and when you pull the sensor off be very careful you do not touch the internal wires...also if your getting a CAI and you have an oiled filter you will prob have a check engine light come on after a little bit cuz the oil fouls the MAF and you'll have to clean it again...just happened to me...i cant remember the code it throws but it translates to banks 1&2 running lean...hope that helps

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OmarRa