New 2022 owner with question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Robmeca

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Curious to know if the air suspension drops every time the car is turned off. When I walk away from the car I hear a bit air leak. Is that normal.
Also the burn smell from engine bay is that normal? I have only only driven for 10 miles.
Looking forward to the answers.

3BF8A3DF-2B9E-4BF5-92AE-A9A96583BC9F.jpeg

Micahsd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The burn smell is normal for sure. I thought the same things with my 2021. It tends to go away after 250-400 miles or so.

OP
OP
R

Robmeca

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thanks guys.
This car is really thirsty for sure but super Nice ride. I am hoping highway trips improves dramatically. I am getting 13-15 city

Micahsd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks guys.
This car is really thirsty for sure but super Nice ride. I am hoping highway trips improves dramatically. I am getting 13-15 city
I feel the same way about mine…gas mileage sucks but love the comfort and ride. 15 is actually pretty good for in town…most of my driving is short trips around a small city and during the summer months I’d get around 14, but since the weather is cold and I take advantage of remote start a lot, I’m down in the 11-12 range. I’ve got the 5.3L engine…think you get about 1 MPG less if you have the 6.2.

Congrats on your purchase!

SSGUNNER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thats a nice thirsty ride!

Congrats and welcome.

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
You will definitely get better gas mileage on the highway. I do feel your pain, though, at the gas pump. I modded mine to run on 93 octane with a performance tune, so I'm really feeing the gas price.

However, for the ride quality, comfort, storage, towing capabilities, and just overall fun, I'll gladly eat the poor gas mileage.

SerialNo1

Reaction score
You will definitely get better gas mileage on the highway. I do feel your pain, though, at the gas pump. I modded mine to run on 93 octane with a performance tune, so I'm really feeing the gas price.

However, for the ride quality, comfort, storage, towing capabilities, and just overall fun, I'll gladly eat the poor gas mileage.
I thought it needed 93 stock? Or is that just recommended?

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I do not know of any of these trucks that recommend 93 octane. I believe that the highest octane recommended is 91 octane for these trucks with the 6.2.

I could be wrong, please correct me, if so.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JustGibby