New alt and batt. Still have voltage drop

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

strussy

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
New 200amp alt and batt. and volts drop from 14 to 12 when braking or stop at a light .also when a/c is on and raido and when using the windows up and down. PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OP
OP
strussy

strussy

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
i will this weekend but i dont konw if it will help. i put a 4gauge power wire ont he alt to the batt. and it was still the same. then i just took it off and no difference.

chauncey0337

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not sure if the symptoms suggest this but are you sure your battery is good?
Edit: Reread your first post and realized you got a new batt.

Last edited:

Thumper8302

Full Access Member
Reaction score
do u notice ur rpms dropping at all? i know when i first got my kon it was doin that especially at night. died on me a couple of times and when it died i noticed my voltage drop to about 10 and the rpms dropped below 500... if thats the case for u then a good throttle body cleaning is in order.. cured my issue completely... would also consider cleaning ur mass airflow sensor... keep up updated man.. hope u find the culprit..

waxworkz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
do u notice ur rpms dropping at all? i know when i first got my kon it was doin that especially at night. died on me a couple of times and when it died i noticed my voltage drop to about 10 and the rpms dropped below 500... if thats the case for u then a good throttle body cleaning is in order.. cured my issue completely... would also consider cleaning ur mass airflow sensor... keep up updated man.. hope u find the culprit..

X2 might be you are dropping below in rpm and thats causing a drop in voltage. take off the intake tube and open the TB and see how black it is in there

Ironman1979

Full Access Member
Reaction score
also double check the specs on the 200 amp alternator, some high amperage alternators do not make the rated power untill higher in the rpm band and fall off dramaticly at idle.

OP
OP
strussy

strussy

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Idle is fine I think I might have a bad ground somewhere. This sucks cause I want to play my system but don't want to drain everything. Truck runs and drives fine no problems there.

OP
OP
strussy

strussy

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Idles at 500 both park and drive I think that's to low if not the t/b what else?

sparg93

Expedition Tahoe
Reaction score
You mentioned the ground...when you did the Big 3, did you upgrade your power wires plus grounds (boundy + frame)?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rnfernandez1968