New bulbs?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
R_Sharpe

R_Sharpe

VIP
Reaction score
ever get this fixed?

Not yet, I'm in the process of fixing this... I just bought some new OEM foglight harnesses from Serge, I'm gonna install them, along with the R-Tech 5202 adaptor, and see what happens... If they still don't function properly, I'm going to add a relay harness. I'll update the thread as I troubleshoot.

Oscar@Hidguy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Update:
At a carwash, I sprayed the water in behind the right fog light, and now it works perfectly. The right foglight will come on every time, now it's just the left one that isn't properly functioning.... Is it possible that some dirt has got into the connection, and maybe the light isn't firing because of the dirty connection?

If you sprayed water behind that fog light and it only turns on sometimes, you might want to check to see if there is corrosion inside the connectors. Corrosion we have seen has to be one of the most common issues as to why a HID bulb or ballast turns on sometimes and not all the time. Remember yes they are water proof ballast and seals, but with anything if you keep blasting it with water and letting the water sit in the connectors it will eventually corrode where its sitting or work its way down the seal and corrode everything.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rnfernandez1968